Dwayner on TV

Raindawg

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not even willing to debate this stuff with you because:

...I won't see my professional field relegated to "spray" or drug down into the usual cesspool.

pitifully pompous :pagetop: (although, an ostrich would be appropriate)

Hey Wisenheimer...the guy shared some special and interesting things about his work that involved some climbing and he doesn't want to discuss unrelated archaeological ethics on a site known for pissing on everything and everybody. You've probably noticed that he's not shy about discussing climbing issues on this here climbing board, now is he.

Ostrich? How about trying this little extraction maneuver yourself:

76-head_up_ass.jpg

How cute of you defending Diving in Dated Dumpsters Dwayner...in a sycophantic sort-of-way.

The stench to which I object doesn't fume from the act of digging large holes in ancient refuse piles or human burial sites (much less 1/2" holes in rock), but the olfactory offense is due to a steaming pile of occupational elitism.

The "profession" is no more superior than any that involves years of study to accrue a requisite esoteric knowledge. There are a vast number mounted on these doctoral high horses. Get over yourself.

Hey de Crisco:

What don't you understand? The guy doesn't want to debate his profession on the cc.com. Did you watch the show? You could have seen the intersection of archaeology and climbing. He'll debate bolts with you all night long but if you want to debate archaeology, find him on some other more appropriate forum. (and by the way, you won't stand a chance because I bet you don't have a clue...and they probably won't tolerate your behavior.)

By the way, what do YOU do for a living? I see you list in your profile that your web-site is the Mountain Fund. Is that so? Do you manage or work for the Mountain Fund? Is that where I shouldn't send my money?

'nuff said.

Now go get your shine box.

roche2156_lg.jpg

How cute of you defending Diving in Dated Dumpsters Dwayner...in a sycophantic sort-of-way.

The stench to which I object doesn't fume from the act of digging large holes in ancient refuse piles or human burial sites (much less 1/2" holes in rock), but the olfactory offense is due to a steaming pile of occupational elitism.

The "profession" is no more superior than any that involves years of study to accrue a requisite esoteric knowledge. There are a vast number mounted on these doctoral high horses. Get over yourself.

You're terribly confused. The fact is, different human pursuits operate under different rules. Until you can successfully demonstrate how rock climbing ethics are even remotely related to the science of studying ancient cultures by excavating remains of their civilization, you're invited politely to admit that you're talking out your ass. As Dwayner points out, there exist ethical considerations in both pursuits, but they're completely unrelated. I don't detect "occupational elitism" in Dwayner's response, but perhaps a degree of antiintellectual resentment in your own. Too bad your emotions stand in the way of appreciating Dwayner's generosity in sharing news of discovery and exploration from the cutting edge of science.

You're terribly confused. The fact is, different human pursuits operate under different rules.

Like trad climbing and sport climbing, eh? :rolleyes:

I thought High made some great points, but I didn't (and don't) think this is the thread to head down that road on as it will invariably lead to mud being tossed.

Pope, small word of advice, if you are trying to stop the bickering and petty attacks, which on the surface you appear to be trying to do, do not end your post with an attack, especially a petty bickering tone of an attack, or you will inspire a like response. (Re: your Ostrich and shine comments above)

Don, I think I can speak for all of us, it's a thing of awe: inspiring and wondorous.

Thank you again, for sharing something personal, important, and interesting.

Regards:

Bill

Bill's a prophet:

Pope, do you have a webcam?

I'm imagining it would be quite entertaining to watch a lapdog type.

Much more while Poochy Pope has History's Hero's Horsecock in his mouth, you multi-tasking pup.

Hey class-envious "Dechristo", a.k.a. "poorly named".

Get a clue and learn when to shut up.

Perhaps we should ask pope's question once again:

What do YOU do for a living? I see you list in your profile that your web-site is the Mountain Fund. Is that so? Do you manage or work for the Mountain Fund? Is that where I shouldn't send my money?

'nuff said.

Care to answer that? Better yet, just go away before you embarass yourself yet more.

I have little to add without throwing pearls to a swine, Mr. "of Christ" :rolleyes:. I'm done with you.

And thank you, billcoe. :tup:

You two are quite a pair.

It is required that one be concerned with class, caste, or station in life in order to elicit the emotion of envy. As both of you, now, have expressed a concern with that very subject (my position in this world), while I have not a concern of your own, it is apparent the two of you possess the shallowness of spirit requisite of that emotion. In fact, it was your statement of...

I'm not even willing to debate this stuff with you because:

...I won't see my professional field relegated to "spray" or drug down into the usual cesspool.

...which trumpetted the stench of class elitism for which I've called you out. I've not denigrated your profession, on the contrary, I've recognized that it is a field which "...involves years of study to accrue a requisite esoteric knowledge." The irony here is in the two of you ensuring, through your posts of pursuit, name-calling, and childish charge of "class-envy", that the discussion would veer toward Spray.

Your charge of

"Hey class-envious "Dechristo", a.k.a. "poorly named".
in this instance, is especially rich and full of irony. Do you recall the story of Christ confronting the priests, who were all about themselves, telling them that they were "white-washed sepulchres full of dead men's bones, beautiful on the surface, but full of rotting filth"?

How very appropriate, on a number of counts.

Raindawg, most of your posts are entertaining... keep up the good work. I do recommend you work on possessing a little liberating humility...your grades will rise commensurately.

(sidestepping the current name calling slingfest...)

Right on Dwayner!! I still recall the conversation we had at PC a few years back about the whimsical "Egyptologist" Graham Hancock and possible origins of his family's funky theories.

I don't have the Discovery channel. I'd be willing to cover someone's costs to burn a copy and send it to me when it's replayed. Muffy, I'd be happy to pass it onto you if you don't get a copy by then. Maybe you'd do the same for me...