Cirque of the Unclimbables

Jason_Martin

Hello All,

I'm currently looking into a trip in this area. Any information concerning references or guidebooks would be helpful.

I'm not interested in more references to "The Great Canadian Knife." I am however interested in moderate route suggestions from 5.6 - 10b with aid up to A3.

Thanks for the help.

Jason

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by Jason Martin:
Hello All,

I'm currently looking into a trip in this area. Any information concerning references or guidebooks would be helpful.

I'm not interested in more references to "The Great Canadian Knife." I am however interested in moderate route suggestions from 5.6 - 10b with aid up to A3.

Thanks for the help.

Jason

I just saw in On The Edge Magazine 114, that Iker Pou (3rd ascent of Action Directe 14d) and his brother Enaki, did the 2nd free ascent of the Great Canadian Knife last summer... tongue.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by crazyjz:
For a Guide/Writer/Grad Student you aren't very smart. How did this end up in Gear Review, and why aren't you capable of basic research like this. Your a "Guide" for Gods sake!

Me and CJZ went into the Cirque long before the internet. We just looked up shit in the AAJ. I guess todays internet climbers are lazy and dumb.

quote:

Originally posted by crazyjz:

How about the Original Route on Proboscus? Twelve pitches, 5.9 A3, with aid on only three pitches. Kroese's book has the topo. And of course Lotus. And the Butt on Mt. Sir James McBrein. See the 1974 or 75 AAJ for Galen Rowells write up.

or 12a all free