• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
otherguy

Bungy Bumblies

Many times there are people posting here like they are a bunch of experts. I read into the threads and realize a large portion of you are novices at best. What gives with you guys? I am sure you know who you are. And who the heck bolted the ole classic Dan's Dreadful Direct jerky?! Must have been one of you full time internet junkies. Maybe some of you post here to feed your egos or something. Everybody shouting all the beta they can on any given route even if they have not done it I bet. Get real internet junkies. You are the same as armchair mountaineer status. I am off to climb and get rid of the disgusting taste this site leaves in my mouth. This is my first and last topic.

Ok you got me. I spent 6 months learning climber speak just so I could post here. You must be a real climber though. Can I lick your boots. tongue.gif

Off to climb at 7 p.m. on Sunday!? He must be a way-rad hardman. Maybe he'll let me lick his boots too, I've been working on my technique.

quote:

Originally posted by otherguy:

I am off to climb and get rid of the disgusting taste this site leaves in my mouth.

sorry, forgot to douche...

Little poodles bark and yap up a storm, especially over the internet.

Okay, you got me. Like everyone else here, I really don't climb. I just modify all the trip reports I see in my monthly Mountaineers magazine. I'm waiting to find some internet-chickie who digs my style.

I climb for the scars. The chicks are an ancillary benefit.