Carabiners is really light is right

IceIceBaby

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by Dru:
And still made by slave labour, oops, prisoners.

Hey, you rather have them sitting on their sore cornholed ass watching cable, or making you some cheap biners? Gives them something to do besides stabbing each other (in more ways than one).

Now if they get the other half of the prison population to grow their own food, and maybe tend some farm animals, we'd have a reasonable cost associated with incarceration. Of course, if they released all the non-violent drug offenders, we'd have about half the cost burden we see now (no I'm not saying 50% of inmates are non-violent DOs)

Neutrinos rock. After using all neutrinos on a wall rack I went and sold almost all of my ovals. (well actually I tried to sell them but bro who bought them returned them...) I don't ever have a problem with biner shift when using neutrinos. The only thing that causes biner shift is incorrect technique. It happened to me all of the time until I stopped using extra caribiners in the aid process, now that I clip directly to the piece with my aider there isn't a problem. And heck I get a few inches higher with every piece. Not only are they littler and lighter than ovals they are way stronger. Some people think ovals and d's are plenty strong, but I have heard enough stories of people breaking them to know they aren't. I think most of the carbiners I have heard about breaking were due to gate chatter, well this just isn't a problem with any wire gate caribiner like a neutrino. I think gate chatter happens a lot more during an aid fall than normal free climbing due to the nature of aid pitches wondering so much and having so many pieces close to each other. I don't only use neutrinos because they are lighter but because I can rack more of them on my harness at a time. They have slightly thinner profile than most caribiners. I am a wacky trad climber that racks all of my gear on my harness so it is important that it all fits.

In regards to them unclipping I have never heard of this problem to be specific to a neutrino more than any other caribiner.

The only problem I have found with them is they disappear faster than any other caribiner on my rack! Would you know anything about that ERIK?

quote:

Originally posted by Wallstein:
.The only problem I have found with them is they disappear faster than any other caribiner on my rack! Would you know anything about that ERIK?

thats why you need to mark your gear with nail polish.....just like mine: dark green covered with a lighter green or red covered by another shade of red.......