No Such Thing As A Free Lunge

Just wondering what the history of this climb (in between Damnation and MF) entails. I noticed it was bolted then chopped? Just as well, as it is a fine top rope and bolts on that face woud be extremely offensive in my opinion. With so much controversy surrounding the bolting and chopping of Dan's Dreadful Direct, I was just wondering why you NEVER hear anything about this climb and it's history. Next time your out at Castle throw a rope over it and give it a whirl. Great stone and engaging moves make it well worth it.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

On a related note, Shriek of the Mutilated (croft/yoder) on Lower Castle Rock, has been cleaned (the crack was not even visible under the moss) and climbed. Awesome line, wild moves, great position, and bomber pro. One of the cooler routes in the T-water IMHO. Get after it!

On a related note, Shriek of the Mutilated (croft/yoder) on Lower Castle Rock, has been cleaned (the crack was not even visible under the moss) and climbed. Awesome line, wild moves, great position, and bomber pro. One of the cooler routes in the T-water IMHO. Get after it!
Thanks for giving that thing a scrub Jens!