Ingalls Peak

woodchips

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peep this:

In the acess forum

Since Ingalls peak is nowhere near Cascade Pass, how is this relevant?

;)

Give them a call:

Cle Elum Ranger District

Rodney Smoldon,District Ranger

803 W. 2nd Street

Cle Elum, WA 98922

(509) 852-1100

Fax: (509) 852-1080

TTY: (509) 674-9770

If you give them a call, please report back here. I'm curious about that road as well.

As of Sunday the road to Beverly Creek Campground was snowed in about 3.5 miles from the TH if you have a good 4x4, otherwise you are looking at about 4.5 to 5 miles. We had to walk about 2 miles and then skinned the final 1.5 or so to the trailhead. Mountain bikes wouldn't be a bad option, especially if your vehicle has low clearance. The snow coverage was fantastic up there!

Edited by jon

Called the ranger station this AM, they said the road is driveable to within 2 mi of the TH. Any guesses what the route might be like this time of year? Anyone been up there yet?

I was on Stuart today. The road is open all the way. I ran into a couple at the TH who had just done the south face of Ingalls as a mixed climb with crampons and tools. They said there was ice in the cracks and patches of snow on the face, but it was melting out and drying up fast. It got pretty warm today. they post-holed a lot getting to the route.

The skiing is really good right now, so bring skis if you can. The snow on Stuart was firm, no post-holing.

I was on Stuart today. The road is open all the way. I ran into a couple at the TH who had just done the south face of Ingalls as a mixed climb with crampons and tools. They said there was ice in the cracks and patches of snow on the face, but it was melting out and drying up fast. It got pretty warm today. they post-holed a lot getting to the route.

The skiing is really good right now, so bring skis if you can. The snow on Stuart was firm, no post-holing.

What'd you do on stuart?

What'd you do on stuart?

I went to ski Ullrich's but ended up skiing part of the West Ridge Notch Couloir due to snow conditions.

TR here

Gotcha. Just trying to get an idea on snow conditions sicne I'm head up there this weekend. thanks.

Edited by kevino