I_like_To rant

i_like_sun

i don't know about the rest of the women posting here, but i for one am glad to be older than i_like_sun. :grin: there's not enough money to make me go back to my early 20s. blech! being older is fun. every single one of these lines, scars, and crows feet has well earned story :eveeel::moondance:

Very true, Minx. The only way I'd want to go back is if I could take all that I know back with me. Otherwise, no way!

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't know about the rest of the women posting here, but i for one am glad to be older than i_like_sun. :grin: there's not enough money to make me go back to my early 20s. blech! being older is fun. every single one of these lines, scars, and crows feet has well earned story :eveeel::moondance:

Very true, Minx. The only way I'd want to go back is if I could take all that I know back with me. Otherwise, no way!

I appreciate knowing how young and stupid I am.

:lmao: Is there some law somewhere that when all women hit 40 they must claim to prefer to be older than younger and would NEVER go back? :lmao:

i being over 40 by more than 10 years agree with most that have been there,that maturity, wisdom and experiences easily override most of what youth has to offer.

life is great at all junctures if you have inner peace and outer smile.

plus i'm finally gonna get the fuck off this ball and take a well deserved break ......

only 50 slow pitch years to go!

-I like that - I'll have to remember it. Sounds like something the Dalai Lama would say...

Having taken care of myself, I like being able to say that I am old enough to say I can outrun guys half my age, and young enough to still do it!

I work in a hospital (administrative, not medical work), and a physician told me he was out of shape. I asked him why he didn't work out. He said he was too old to exercise! The sonofabitch is four years younger than I am! AND he's a goddamned healthcare professional! AND I ran 20 miles the other day! I didn't know whether to bitch-slap him or feel sorry for him.

:rolleyes:

i so totally agree. I wouldn't go back for love nor money.

-I like that - I'll have to remember it. Sounds like something the Dalai Lama would say...

Having taken care of myself, I like being able to say that I am old enough to say I can outrun guys half my age, and young enough to still do it!

I work in a hospital (administrative, not medical work), and a physician told me he was out of shape. I asked him why he didn't work out. He said he was too old to exercise! The sonofabitch is four years younger than I am! AND he's a goddamned healthcare professional! AND I ran 20 miles the other day! I didn't know whether to bitch-slap him or feel sorry for him.

I like that too. V i am going to quote you in my blog today... I don't want to forget that!!!

you should feel sorry for him and never see that person as your doc.

I like that too. V i am going to quote you in my blog today... I don't want to forget that!!!

you should feel sorry for him and never see that person as your doc.

He's a research physician anyway.

My doc is the greatest. He's a primary care phycicaian that also specializes in pediatrics and sports medicine, and he hikes and runs and skis. A couple of years ago I saw him in August about having a minor procedure done, and he suggested I wait until October to have it done. I asked him why, and he told me that way, it was inbetween climbing season and ski season, and I wouldn't miss anything. Now THAT is the doctor for me!

:tup:

i always think that vacationing on a yacht sounds like a good idea but the thought of being trapped on a boat for hours really really really bothers me. damn, talk about stressful.

My parents did that! Well not on a yacht. They took a summer and sailed to alaska. Love the sailing! :tup: But the small space drove my mom nuts and my step dad had nightmares about the house (sailboat) sinking. Now they live on dry land again and sail for fun :tup: :tup:

Edited by selkirk

I'll second the comments on the Tao Te Ching... Find a quiet pretty place and read few verses. It's good for the soul, but has nothing to do with religion. The religious end of Taoism is more than a little whacky:P If you'd like I could recommend a couple of versions. Hell if your in Seattle and promise to bring them back I'll loan them to you.

Also, definitely go read the Tao of Pooh, and the Te of Piglet. Fantastic books. Life really is all about Balance :tup:

And remember, first and foremost, happiness is an internal thing. It's not necessarily connected to anything but your perception of the world.

I remember hearing about a worldwide telephone survey a couple of years ago. So where do you think the people most often described themselves as happy?

As memory serves it was Nigeria.....

Like water which can clearly mirror the sky and the trees only so long as it's surface is undisturbed, the mind can only reflect the true image of the self when it is tranquil and wholly relaxed.

I like your thoughts. Curious though, is mental tranquility the tool Mario uses to get into the pants of all the cute blondes?????

:lmao: Is there some law somewhere that when all women hit 40 they must claim to prefer to be older than younger and would NEVER go back? :lmao:

i just realized how funny this is. you must be a man to presume that its a falsehood. **gross generalization to follow** men value women by their appearance and themselves by the young hotties they can score. women judge each other by appearance but themselves and their friends by the person inside not the boobs on the outside.

sure, i may never be as hottt as i was when i was 22, but damn, my life is about a hell of a lot more than how i look. its not that i don't care but fuck if i want to be that 22 yr old version of me again.

i see it much the same way.

it's weird when a friend goes off the deep end about how she looks. it is terribly sad and frustrating to watch a friend nearing her 40th birthday begin to waist away. because this does happen to some of us. it is so easy to forget what is important. and so easy to get caught up in what should be instead of loving what is.

No shit. Funny how guys still use that old cliche. All the women I am friends with make more than their b/f or s.o.

Just because you're the exception doesn't mean it isn't true for the majority.

I'd be willing to bet it's true for 99% of the population of the country - make that the world...

;)

I think we are talking about folks we know, right? Obviously women are still beaten into submission or lit on fire until they stfu in many many other countries, so I am obviously not talking about those folks.

I am not the exception within the group of people I know. I am sorry for you if you don't have a group of successful, educated, ambitious, highly-compensated women for friends. They really make my world a better more exciting place to live. To each her own I guess.

I think we are talking about folks we know, right? Obviously women are still beaten into submission or lit on fire until they stfu in many many other countries, so I am obviously not talking about those folks.

I am not the exception within the group of people I know. I am sorry for you if you don't have a group of successful, educated, ambitious, highly-compensated women for friends. They really make my world a better more exciting place to live. To each her own I guess.

What's got me curious is why you even feel the need to measure up every one of your freinds and their significant others by their incomes. Do you do that with all of your friends? Is that how you judge everyone? Seems a little superficial to me...