Mid Weight Synthetic Jackets?

layton

Can anyone reccomend a midweight synthetic jacket?

I love my micropuff jacket by patagonia (2,7oz Polarguard Delta), but I jacket somewhere between that and a DAS Parka (6oz Polargaurd Delta torso, 4 oz arms/hood).

I was using a Mountain Hardwear Chucgach Jacket, but since I bought it 8 years ago, there have gotta be lighter weight jackets that offer = warmth.

The montbell thermawrap UL parka looks good, but offers the same insulation fill as the patagonia micropuff, so I'm doubtful if it's a step up in warmth.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was actually thinking of buying a waterproof insulated jackets. Heavier than a med weight jacket, but lighter than a lightweight pull-over and a rain shell combined. Thoughts?

Use would be for non-winter alpine rock.

Found it, the perfect jacket.

Arc'tyrx Fission LT...a shitload more insulation + a windstopper shell, 19 oz weight. ~300 fucking dollars new, or $120 on ebay!

Sold

If you purchase said jacket you will only be allowed to drink lattes. They're pretty up-front about the requirement and there are even warnings on the labels.

• 1 month later...

I just got my new Sierra Designs Chockstone belay parka via UPS and Boulder Mountaineering today. It has everything I was looking for to replace my totally worn out close to 20 year old prototype Integral Designs Dolomitti. I wanted something with a shorter length. $99!

Helmet sized attached hood; thumb holes; big water bottle mesh pocket inside; built in stuff sac; semi-waterproof; Black inside and out to speed drying; seems really warm. I can't wait to use it on some nasty epic.

I looked at the website a few minutes ago to see they have already sold out. :(

Maybe I got the last men's medium.

http://www.bouldermountaineering.com/thebomo/pr/3819/pg/1/

• 5 months later...