• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
kevbone

Best guitar player on the planet.

I would say if you could play fast as shit without using a pick, then you the shit.

i prefer also , but

speed, picks and shit dont add up to music, though.

you gotta have sometin' to say, sometin' to give.

melody rules!

I would say if you could play fast as shit without using a pick, then you the shit.

i prefer also , but

speed, picks and shit dont add up to music, though.

you gotta have sometin' to say, sometin' to give.

melody rules!

words don't count in music, just an added plus. perhaps a crutch.

i meant you gotta have sometin to 'say' through instrumental music, besides 'check this out'! i'm fast as a mf

i think kevbone says fast as shit w/o a pick, w/o chalk which i think jh would appreciate.

i think kevbone says fast as shit w/o a pick, w/o chalk which i think jh would appreciate.

Yes without a pick is what I ment.

my favorite guitarists are Guy and Sky Ekellburger i think they are the best :moondance:

my favorite guitarists are Guy and Sky Ekellburger i think they are the best :moondance:

Pictures? U tube? Lets see them!

Li Jie coming in somewhere in the top 3 or 4 of all time best in the world in my opinion.

cFo9eRKeZY0

Frank WAS amazing. But in hindsight, he could not play what the stuff these utube guitar players can play. Therefore he sucks. Just kidding.

If you don't list Martin Taylor to the list, you can't really be a guitar afficianado. I couldn't possibly pick ONE guitarist, as there are a lot of really good ones. No one mentioned Django Reinhardt.

Old Man River:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPQRcKqjyIo

Be sure to watch the entire video.

Georgia on My Mind:

Edited by catbirdseat

Those video's are great. Martin Taylor plays alot like Joe Pass. Amazing. I love gifted guitarist.

The great European jazz violinist Stéphane Grappelli played with Django Reinhardt in the 1930. When he heard the young Martin Taylor, he thought his sound was similar to Django's so he made Taylor part of his group. The two had an eleven year partnership that was very successful.

I wish I could find a video of Taylor playing Gershwin's I Got Rhythm, because it really shows off his technique and sounds incredible. It totally blew my socks of when I first heard it.

That's remarkable. Who was that? I've never seen that style of playing before.

Pat Metheny, while not the technician is an amazing composer and improviser:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzVa_X9zKcc

Here Richard Bona plays bass almost like a guitar. His playing is on par with Stanley Clark, Ron Carter, and Jaco Pastorius.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAs3Fm9D7HA

Edited by catbirdseat

nonanon

Thanks for sharing. That was really cool and inventive guitar playing.

Ken....Buckethead is truly a gifted guitar player. And fun to listen to. But if you watch the second of the Paco video’s you will see that Paco plays as fast or faster without using a pick. That to me is amazing. Thanks for sharing. Keep em coming.