Wild Things Backpack

Pro_popper

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I found one on Slesse wink.gif it was Ok but I prefer Arcteryx Khamsin & Nozone. Found the Ice Sac to be kind of uncomfortable when carrying full loads. great for day cragging with a trad rack as long as you were just hiking into crags though.

On Wild Things packs (slightly off-topic):

I have used the Andinista for some time now. I like it a lot but it packs strangely, and when you have the zippers cinched you are basically wearing a long tube that bangs against your helmet as things get vertical. It takes awhile to know how to pack it best, and I'd avoid back-breaking loads. I've had to haul rescue gear in it (certainly not its intended purpose) and it was agony. You could use it as an emergency bivy, though sleep is pretty much out of the question. It feels like you are in a straightjacket even w/o insulating layers on. The backpad is miniscule. Perhaps the best feature is that it forces you to leave stuff behind. Incredibly expensive as well. Practice taking out your axes from the tubes at home!

Congrats on busting through the 800 barrier Caveman.

Who got the pack contract for US military? CDN military ordered a bunch of packs from Arcteryx but were disappointed they wouldn't make them in Camoflage color. So when you guys invade Canada look for the purple spots that will be the CDN military's backpacks. wink.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Cpt.Caveman:

Purple what the Fu*&

I dunno man I dont entertain myself but I'll take a wild guess and say "Playschool".

I gotta confess I dont get this. they bought a bunch of the old purple arcteryx color officially named "berry". i think they were gonna spray paint them or save them for combat in purple areas only wink.gif