Overhang bypass - don't do this

Jim

I took a couple of days off from searching gopher tortise holes (w/ that proctologist camera thing) and managed a some rope time at JT. While making the last clip on overhang bypass on Intersection Rock the rope somehow found its way under my right arch. I went to flick it away with my foot whild clipping and - opps, barndoor and off and an ungraceful pendulum. Some other climbers on the ground did clap for me however. I pulleyed back up and figured that at 50 I still did not want to be a chickenshit on a 5.7 so I didn't give up the lead and finished it. My partner came up and asked - everything alright hoss?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jim, at least you had in good pro and a rope. James Lucas fell off nearby North Overhang, a variation, while soloing. I met the young fellow the year after his accident. He was hobbling around on a messed up leg.

Decking while soloing

james was a fucking moron and several people had told him this would happen soon enough...not much thought went into his soloing...

OMG a bolted crack!! chop chop chop :rolleyes:

Have you ever climbed this route? Or are you just trolling around as usual?

This is not a bolted crack. Although that picture above does show he did not clip the other manky bolt either. If you reach far enough. You can place gear around the corner before you do the move. Great climb. Great exposure.