airfare to bolivia = $$$ ??

lummox

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Prices on international air took a big jump last year, due to cost of operating (expensive security stuff included) and gas prices. I have noticed that prices for travel to Russia (a place I go frequently) in off season times have not settled back down (vs. the now-lower gas prices), and are pretty costly. Discouraging. I have looked at prices farther out too. Sometimes, a good travel agent (what's that?) can be helpful for scoring deals these days.

Edited by crazy_t

I found some good prices with LAN

Found a flight for 1140 US out of Toronto to La Paz July 10th return August 28th which is a steal.

I've been looking at flights down there too. But leaning towards climbing in the Blanca again this year. Which will mean I will probably fly into Lima.

If you do decide to fly into Lima be aware that you are in for one hell of a bus ride. Expect it take you at least 40 hours to La Paz, if not more. :ass:

Prices to Bolivia have always been higher than to surrounding countries and there are seldom any major fluctuations in the price. Yes, you can fly to another country and bus but as noted, that takes a LOT of time. I was recently told that one way to get a lower overall rate is to fly to Brazil and then take a 'local' flight to Bolivia.