Climbing in Central Wa this weekend

kevino

My buddy and I are in Ellensburg. We're looking for some new climbing to do this weekend. We've done umptanum and vantage and tried leavenworth a couple weeks ago. Any suggestions? We were thinking Hubba Hubba (but that report didn't sound too promising), lake Wenatchee, alpental or palisades? Any input would be great. Thanks.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, we both go to cwu. How about yourself? Right now we're thinking about climbing at alpental and denny creek area. Anyone been up there lately?

Strobach........ the 2-3 hour hike doesn't...Pansy I know.

Oh I miss my CWU days at the tav!

If it was 4 hours and 30 minutes from home to the ice at Strobach living in Ellensburg, I'll assume it is 6:30 from Seattle in winter to Strobach ice- And you guys are in better shape then me! 8 hours to strobach from Seattle-ouch! I knew a guy that made it from Seattle to roadside Banff ice in 9 hours.

I'd be surprised if that stuff was in. Those are pretty cold weather climbs. The alpental valley proper is probably a better bet. You can always climb at the rap wall if there isnt much real ice.

Just got back from the day's trip. Alpental valley was much better than franklin falls, although there was still some ice there. I'll post pictures in a little bit.