How did cc.com miss this one!?!?!?!

Peter_Puget

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're going to argue that a woman's decision to have an abortion is a personal choice, then you should also be willing to accept all her other personal choices that affect that child, right? If her hubby is ok with it and she is, then mutter under your breath all you want and shake your head if you please but keep your nose out of it.

I don't think being pregnant automatically makes a woman a good decision maker. In my experience, it is often the opposite :crosseye::grlaf:

However, I don't think this is the case in this instance. Maintaining an active lifestyle, and raising a child in that environment as a matter of principle earns my full endorsment. Go Aimee!

If you're going to argue that a woman's decision to have an abortion is a personal choice, then you should also be willing to accept all her other personal choices that affect that child, right? If her hubby is ok with it and she is, then mutter under your breath all you want and shake your head if you please but keep your nose out of it.

Exactly! I mean, as long as she gets her husband's permission.

Does this include speedballs and meth?

Exactly! I mean, as long as she gets her husband's permission.

So if a husband engages in activities that threaten his precious 'sperm bank', does he need to get the wife's permission first?

Minx -

I think we aren’t too far apart on this issue. Nothing I have said can be construed as being against being active while pregnant. You say "I just don't agree with that approach." Meaning limiting activity during pregnancy yet your own Dr. was only comfortable if you rode your horse in a "limited fashion." The day our first child was born I received a phone call from my wife saying she felt ‘weird’... my advice was to go take a walk. Exercise is great. We decided that hiking in rough muddy terrain where slips and slides were to be expected should be avoided. The thought of being stuck out several miles from nowhere all alone with my very pregnant wife having a seriously twisted ankle was something we thought not worth the risk given the relatively meager benefit.

I am simply saying lead climbing seems to be outside the scope of riding a horse in a "limited fashion."

Cheers,

Edited by Peter_Puget

PP- limited fashion meant that i limited myself to doing what felt comfortable.

it's a personal choice. i think that it would and should be left to the woman to understand how she is feeling physically and what her limitations are. i would assume that this gal felt safe and comfortable. accidents happen, even to pregnant women who aren't participating in sports. Sure it's possible she could've fallen but apparently this was familiar oft climbed route for her. i'm not sure that the risk level of that is much different or higher than taking a fall off a bicycle or horse.