• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
prole

Fundamentalist Fun for the Whole Family

Some lucky little future Jim Jones is gonna get this in their stocking this year!

Excerpt:

...The hitch, though, in this new game aimed at teens, is who constitutes those "forces of evil": activists, secularists, non-Christian rock musicians, and others who resist "recruitment" into the "forces of good" - the believers in a particular kind of Christianity.

Based on the popular Left Behind series of apocalyptic novels, "Left Behind: Eternal Forces" is being marketed for Christmas giving through churches and big-box retailers such as Wal-Mart.

The real-time strategy (RTS) game takes place in New York City. "You are sent on a spiritual and military mission to convert people, and nobody is allowed to remain neutral," says Eric Elnes, copresident of Crosswalk America, a progressive Christian group, who says he's explored the game extensively. "You lose spirit points if you kill somebody, but you can hit the prayer button to restore the points."

"You lose spirit points if you kill somebody, but you can hit the prayer button to restore the points."

Ah, so that's the trick. :rolleyes:

It doesn't sound as interesting as that game which involves running over pededstrians, killing police, picking up hookers and then having to kill them to get your money back.

i guess we'd be more outraged if walmart would push an islamic based game that so way off 'the truth''

Some lucky little future Jim Jones is gonna get this in their stocking this year!

Excerpt:

...The hitch, though, in this new game aimed at teens, is who constitutes those "forces of evil": activists, secularists, non-Christian rock musicians, and others who resist "recruitment" into the "forces of good" - the believers in a particular kind of Christianity.

Based on the popular Left Behind series of apocalyptic novels, "Left Behind: Eternal Forces" is being marketed for Christmas giving through churches and big-box retailers such as Wal-Mart.

The real-time strategy (RTS) game takes place in New York City. "You are sent on a spiritual and military mission to convert people, and nobody is allowed to remain neutral," says Eric Elnes, copresident of Crosswalk America, a progressive Christian group, who says he's explored the game extensively. "You lose spirit points if you kill somebody, but you can hit the prayer button to restore the points."

Two guys in nice suites playing this game knocked on my door the other night. I offered them a beer a bong hit and some magic tea but they declined so I asked them if they were government spys who were out to get me, and they said no. Then they tried to hand me a book and I tried to hand them the bong and they said no so I asked them if they were government spys and they said no. Then they asked me if I had read their book and I offered them a beer and they said no so I asked them if they were government spys and they said no so I told them to fuck off. I guess I won the game.

Excerpt:

Two guys in nice suites playing this game knocked on my door the other night. I offered them a beer a bong hit and some magic tea but they declined so I asked them if they were government spys who were out to get me, and they said no. Then they tried to hand me a book and I tried to hand them the bong and they said no so I asked them if they were government spys and they said no. Then they asked me if I had read their book and I offered them a beer and they said no so I asked them if they were government spys and they said no so I told them to fuck off. I guess I won the game.

Dude.. where is your house?? I would wear a suit an give you a book if I could have a bong an some magic tea!!

fundamentally we're fucked!

freaks to left of me

jokers to the right

here i am , stuck in the .........