Birthday Rant

rob

1) When there is a high-profile tragedy, who the fuck are all these people who come out of the woodwork? Are these people attracted to tragedy? Where are they the rest of the time?

And can't they do anything more constructive than regurgitate news quotes? We all know how to use the internet, thanks.

2) Don't transcribe live newscasts in a thread. Are you fucking serious?

3) Climbers die. But there are no tears for them, unless CNN picks it up. Fucking lame. Read Accidents in North American Mountaineering. Climbing is dangerous. People die. It's sad. Save your tears -- they gotta last all year.

4) I'm not saying the media is a bunch of blood-sucking, heartless bastards who exploit tragedy for the sake of ratings, but...well, actually, I guess that is what I'm saying. Why anybody would give those jackals a press-conference, and cry on their cameras, is a mystery to me. If I ever die on a mountain and they pretend to care, they can kiss my dead, frozen ass.

It's my birthday. Peace.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I feel alot better after reading your post. Seriously, thank-you. I was starting to think I was the only one. The voyeurs on this site are really creeping me out.

oh and happy birthday.

You registered nearly 2 years ago and have a whopping 40 posts. Who's a voyeur?

Nice Rant, Rob. I think you pretty much voiced what all the regulars think/feel.

1) When there is a high-profile tragedy, who the fuck are all these people who come out of the woodwork? Are these people attracted to tragedy? Where are they the rest of the time?

And can't they do anything more constructive than regurgitate news quotes? We all know how to use the internet, thanks.

2) Don't transcribe live newscasts in a thread. Are you fucking serious?

3) Climbers die. But there are no tears for them, unless CNN picks it up. Fucking lame. Read Accidents in North American Mountaineering. Climbing is dangerous. People die. It's sad. Save your tears -- they gotta last all year.

4) I'm not saying the media is a bunch of blood-sucking, heartless bastards who exploit tragedy for the sake of ratings, but...well, actually, I guess that is what I'm saying. Why anybody would give those jackals a press-conference, and cry on their cameras, is a mystery to me. If I ever die on a mountain and they pretend to care, they can kiss my dead, frozen ass.

It's my birthday. Peace.

you're just pissed becuase your birthday comes close to Christmas...which means you always get screwed in the amount of presents

Wow, I feel alot better after reading your post. Seriously, thank-you. I was starting to think I was the only one. The voyeurs on this site are really creeping me out.

oh and happy birthday.

You registered nearly 2 years ago and have a whopping 40 posts. Who's a voyeur?

Nice Rant, Rob. I think you pretty much voiced what all the regulars think/feel.

No, I'm only a lurker. If I want to achieve voyeur status I have to hang around any thread related to tragedy or morbidity and chime in repeatedly about how sorry I am and to remind everyone to trust in jesus. Or maybe I have to check out people's profiles to see when they registered and then perform some complicated calculations related to their number of posts that can help determine if they are a member of the gang or not.

Damn, I knew I should've participated in the nodder thread, the rei sucks thread, and the aren't the mountaineers all gapers thread. Too late now.

Back to lurking.

The media are a bunch of blood sucking vultures.

Fox has made a huge deal of this with their "fair and balanced" inaccurate terminology.

You're right. People die on mountains. Happens every year somewhere. All that expensive gear they sell at REI has some indemnity tag that you could get D E D dead.