Ames Ice Hose, WTF????

BillA

From Vince Anderson's Site:

the Hose is getting FAT! The first and last pitches are cruiser but the middle is still wild and mixed. There are now three bolts on the first pitch mixed variation to the right! Now, anybody who can hangdog can make their way up the first pitch! Yippee! Courage not necessary! Saftey! Wankers!

This is fucking bullshit, I bet it's the same douche who placed the bolt on it last year. If those bolts aren't chopped by the time I get there in a few weeks I'm doing it myself.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard about this as well. I hope the locals will come together and chop this. Rumor has it, the bolts were placed by Chuck Burr. When I talked to my buddy from T-ride about it, he said that Chuck Burr, if it is the same one, owns some crazy enviro-friendly house up at over 11k elevation and it uses all solar heating and is designed to capture sun in the winter and shade in the summer. Sounds like Burr is some wealthy, trust funder who is just like every other trustafarian pretending to do one thing (be an eco-warrior), then turn around and do something stupid like this. Supposedly he is a realtively beginner climber and has only lived in T-ride for a short time. Hopefully the locals will lynch him and put a stope to detroying one of the classic ice lines in North America....

Sounds like a stand up guy. Kind of ironic the new Alpinist has a piece on the first ascent of the ice hose written by Micheal Kennedy. He says, "When a Telluride climber added a bolt to the variation in 2006, I was happy to hear that someone promptly chopped it-and to learn how powerfully so many other people felt about preserving a reflection of the original experience, one that had meant so much to us."

Yeah, this is total bullshit. The word is that chuck didn't place the new set of bolts, some other fucking moron did. Chuck is a complete tea-bagger, but apparently one of his buddy's is guilty this time. The shitty thing is that they are Petzl long life type bolts and they are not easily removed without damaging the rock. Someone really put a lot of effort into placing these bolts, it's gonna take some effort in getting them out I guess. Once the culprit is identified, they'll get their tires slashed just like chuck did. On the bright side, it is a stellar season so far in Ouray/Telluride for ice. The high temps have been in the teens for the last week, so come down and get after it.

...some crazy enviro-friendly house ...uses all solar heating and is designed to capture sun in the winter and shade in the summer. Sounds like Burr is some wealthy, trust funder who is just like every other trustafarian pretending to ...(be an eco-warrior)....

There's an entire housing development just south of there built by johnny-come-lately trustafarian fuckers who'll waste their money on any pie-in-the-sky technology with the same eco-warrior mindset:

25088560.MesaVerde_500.jpg

• 4 weeks later...