Start the impeachment process

fear_and_greed

more like contract on america- and it's economy. stupid tax refund- instead of paying off the debt. i am sure republicans are shitting their pants now. it's payback baby!!!! kick shrub out of the office!

oh yeah, i forgot wiretaps on phones without court warrant- how fucking legal is that? personally i will never forgive for this.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry you feel so slighted, RBW. Is it "narcissistic condescension" to suggest that I don't think there was much real fact-finding undertaken? Your post appeared to indicate that task had already been completed.

You read more into my post than was there. Like I said, I was just pointing out that it had been done.

MattP:

Lying to Congress is a felony, isn't it? What do you need to see?
OffWhite:
I suspect Bush's improprieties are far more serious to the welfare of the country than blowjobgate...

I seem to remember Clinton's actual trouble stemmed from lying to a Grand Jury. Wasn't that where the famous line "it depends on what your definition of 'is' is" came from?

I suspect Bush's improprieties are far more serious to the welfare of the country than blowjobgate...]

I seem to remember Clinton's actual trouble stemmed from lying to a Grand Jury. Wasn't that where the famous line "it depends on what your definition of 'is' is" came from?

Nope. If I am no tmistaken, that "famous line" came from an interrogatory response, and I think it was actually a question whether "is" means currently existing or ever existed - a meaningful distinction. If my memory is correct, this answer was not the manipulative dodge that it has been made out to be by right wing talk show hosts, but the Clinton people had lots more important things to try to contend with than responding to jabs like this one.

But, yes, lying to the Grand Jury was the grounds they finally "got" him on after so many years of Whitewater and TravelGate and StripperGate and etc.

more like contract on america- and it's economy.

Wrong. The laws enacted under the "Contract" did not screw the economy. On the contrary, they occurred under Clinton's 1st administration - when we were moving towards balanced budgets (with higher taxes) and very strong economic growth. You need to pull your head out and think for once before you open your foul mouth.

And I was not intending to argue the merits of the "Contract with America" in any case, you moron. The point was simply that when the R's took over in 1994, they had an agenda that they pushed hard, and got successes doing so. The D's now have a similar opportunity. I don't hear any concrete "agenda" from them yet, however, except to engage in endless investigations and recriminations.

Edited by KaskadskyjKozak