Just say yes

Peter_Puget

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But if God really is answering prayers and altering the natural course of events through miracles, it raises a host of questions. Why are some helped but not others? Why do the virtuous suffer while the wicked are rewarded? These questions are as old as religion itself, and today we are no closer to answering them than philosophers of old.

PP does this mean there is a problem that cannot be answered or solved by the free market?

What is the value in US dollars of a single Higgs boson?

20041129uplift.jpg

While the current trend is sad, take solice in the fact that we are just here for the blink of an eye. The glaciers will return - and shrink yet again. Of course the current global warming trend is real, but despite efforts to convince me/public, I remain wholly unconvinced that we're looking at anything more than mostly natural cycles-within-cycles. The glacier above took a mere 20 years to form up in St Helens' crater, and while not a typical case it does demonstrate how quickly a glacier can reconstitute or form given the proper conditions. Not 'centuries' as we were taught in school, but decades.

The glacier above took a mere 20 years to form up in St Helens' crater

You're not fooling me! That's no glacier and that ain't St.Helens. That's some kind of artsy photograph of cracked mud and hoar frost. I like the way you photo-shopped "USGS" on there for added authenticity.

20041129uplift.jpg

While the current trend is sad, take solice in the fact that we are just here for the blink of an eye. The glaciers will return - and shrink yet again. Of course the current global warming trend is real, but despite efforts to convince me/public, I remain wholly unconvinced that we're looking at anything more than mostly natural cycles-within-cycles. The glacier above took a mere 20 years to form up in St Helens' crater, and while not a typical case it does demonstrate how quickly a glacier can reconstitute or form given the proper conditions. Not 'centuries' as we were taught in school, but decades.

Can I take solace in the fact you were just rippin' on someone for poor spelling but can't spell a simple 6 letter word yourself? hahaha.gif

Global warming has been taking place since the end of the last ice age about 10,000 years ago. Back then, the sea level was 300 feet LOWER than it is now and parts of North Africa were savanna-like with all the accompanying critters. If humans are a factor, they might at best be accelerating the process. Look at the history of the Pleistocene, a series of glaciations interspersed with interglacial periods...we might just be in one of them interglacial periods in advance of the next cold one. So start buying your one-piece down suits while they're cheap and available.

ultimate5132.jpg

Ain't that sporty?!!!

Here pope....another picture of your favorite topic:

starfish.jpg

The glacier above took a mere 20 years to form up in St Helens' crater

You're not fooling me! That's no glacier and that ain't St.Helens. That's some kind of artsy photograph of cracked mud and hoar frost. I like the way you photo-shopped "USGS" on there for added authenticity.

confused.gif You're not serious, are you?

msh04_crater_dome_ash_on_west_10-01-04.jpg