Zidane

crackers

I actually am glad that Zidane won the Golden Ball. I think he actually deserves more for the best TKO I've ever seen in a football match.

I couldn't stop laughing. If Materazzi actual said what the Brazilian TV's lip readers said, then I wish ZZ had stomped on him after the TKO.

Best part of the final. bigdrink.gif

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://francefighter.ytmnd.com/

I liked the headbutt - it added excitement to a game that I otherwise just can't find entertainment in. Too many 1-0 and 1-1 games. Any sport where you can play the entire world finals match to a tie then have the game decided by stupid penalty kicks doesn't sit well with me. It's as bad as the regular season NFL overtime rules where winning a coinflip essentially gives you a 2-1 advantage in winning the game. rolleyes.gif

I have no fundamental problems with soccer, i just don't find it very exciting. It's like blue balls - plenty of excitment but then the constant dissapointment of not actually scoring. Maybe that makes winning on penalty kicks the sporting equivilent of getting a handjob?

Pay closer attention. Each team gets five penalty kicks and then it goes to sudden death PKs. That's not at all like winning a cointoss for first possession.

No, but it's still an unsatisfactory end to a complete game - a game that involves way more than taking set up kicks at a goal. I think of it this way - if the entire game was a penalty kick contest would it be interesting? No. A championship game should be played until completion, be it an extra 30 minutes or 3 hours.