Is that Erik's Letter to R&I?

Zenolith

The Erik Snyder who wrote to the editor of R&I has a very familiar prose. Erik the Spray Queen, is that your letter? I agree with the it, but I'm glad they did Washington state no favors. I don't want it to become a climbing destination; the crags are crowded enough already.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

to put it to rest, yes i did submit i letter to the editor or r&i. if they published it, whatever! i have not seen or heard about it.

lambone- what types of rescue technique will you be teaching? i was also wondering if you are an instructor? cause if so i have a question for you. it is good to see that someone is teaching self-reliance in the mountains, cause if we can take care of ourselves the 'MAN' will have no cause too. part of being in the mountain is taking responsilbility for ones own actions, and when the epic strikes it seems no days more then ever we are relying on outside sources to save our asses.

Erik,

I have three hours to teach some basic rock climbing rescue techniques. The course I originally took consisted of 16 hours of traning. Hence, the course in leavenworth will be a breif overview. Basically a clinic to help increase the awareness of climbers who are doing multi-pitch routes in the mountains, or anywhere. I would strongly encourage anyone who is realy interested in this stuff to take some private instruction, as there is a ton of information to absorb.

First aid will not be included. Basically

I am going to describe an efficient way to get down off a multi pitch route with an injured climber. Or at least give people some basic tools so they could improvise in an emergency. I hope people learn something from it, or at least REALIZE that they don't know anything! Then I hope they come and sign up for a private class with me at the Gym.

I am an instructor at Vertical World. I have been climbin for thirteen years, but I am not yet AMGA certified. I hope that answers your question. Thanks.

Erik,

I have three hours to teach some basic rock climbing rescue techniques. The course I originally took consisted of 16 hours of traning. Hence, the course in leavenworth will be a breif overview. Basically a clinic to help increase the awareness of climbers who are doing multi-pitch routes in the mountains, or anywhere. I would strongly encourage anyone who is realy interested in this stuff to take some private instruction, as there is a ton of information to absorb.

First aid will not be included. Basically I am going to describe an efficient way to get down off a multi pitch route with an injured climber. Or at least give people some basic tools so they could improvise in an emergency. I hope people learn something from it, or at least REALIZE that they don't know anything! Then I hope they come and sign up for a private class with me at the Gym.

I am an instructor at Vertical World. I have been climbin for thirteen years, but I am not yet AMGA certified. I hope that answers your question. Let me know if you have more. Thanks.

[/b]

[This message has been edited by lambone (edited 05-24-2001).]