Guilty!

Couloir

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

outside of enron. meaning, these guys are just the people at this level that got caught...and the justice department decided that these guys would go down. they don't have the money nor the time to go after everyone...so law enforcement usually just busts the low hanging fruit and that usually scares most people into complying to the law.

thats my conspiracy theory for the day.

outside of enron. meaning, these guys are just the people at this level that got caught...and the justice department decided that these guys would go down. they don't have the money nor the time to go after everyone...so law enforcement usually just busts the low hanging fruit and that usually scares most people into complying to the law.

thats my conspiracy theory for the day.

Thanks Art Bell, but those guys were the CEOs of Enron. rolleyes.gif

Yes, they are big fish for sure. But Oly could be right: there may be equally big fish or even bigger ones who they are NOT going to prosecute but who have done things just as bad. After all, some fairly spectacular cases have "gone down" - like remember when Martha Stewart got fried for insider trading? - yet I am pretty sure some major players continue to engage in the same conduct.

I give 'em credit for at least getting these guys, though.

If any of you commie homos could tear yourself away from the holistic regression therapy ads in the back of Mother Jones and read a real newspaper like the WSJ you'd know about the potentially huge options grant scandal that's unfolding (repricing option grants to coincide with share price dips that preceded big price increases) thanks to their investigative reporting, as well as the massive, multi-year, earnings-maipulation megacluster at FNMA that will probably make Enron look like someone stealing change out of a street musician's hat.

If any of you commie homos could tear yourself away from the holistic regression therapy ads in the back of Mother Jones and read a real newspaper like the WSJ you'd know about the potentially huge options grant scandal that's unfolding (repricing option grants to coincide with share price dips that preceded big price increases) thanks to their investigative reporting, as well as the massive, multi-year, earnings-maipulation megacluster at FNMA that will probably make Enron look like someone stealing change out of a street musician's hat.

gee, Jay, say what you really mean. ooo.gif

That's great, smart guy. I'm glad we have you around to do our homework for us. Does that change anything about Oly's point or mine? Are you suggesting that corporate America or the U.S. government is going to staighten up and fly right as a result of this?

That's great, smart guy. I'm glad we have you around to do our homework for us. Does that change anything about Oly's point or mine? Are you suggesting that corporate America or the U.S. government is going to staighten up and fly right as a result of this?

when they don't toss their a*** in the slammer!

Matt - think of this as an opportunity to understand how the words "stock," "options grant," and "executive compensation" are linked together. You'll be able to rail against all three much more effectively if you take some money out of the "Kucinich/McKinney '08!" change-jar/campaign fund next to the spot where you leave your car keys and spend the dough on the WSJ instead.

I am so hurt that you would say something like that. cry.gif

Now, do you care to speculate on the degree to which this will change American corporate or governmental practices? I'm inclined to think these are important events and the prosecutors involed deserve some strong support, but less inclined to expect that the long term impact on a corrupt system will be huge.

Maybe you think the system is not corrupt?