Things clowns do for fun

billcoe

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.defensetech.org/archives/002531.html

Taking down a nucular missle. Text follows.

"Clowns Sabotage Nuke Missile

On Tuesday morning, a retired Catholic priest and two veterans put on clown suits, busted into a nuclear missile launch facility, and began beating the silo cover with hammers, in an attempt to take the Minuteman III missile off-line. Seriously.

silo-E8-gate.jpgThe trio -- members of the Luck, Wisconsin group Nukewatch -- said the break-in was part of "a call for national repentance" for the Hiroshima and Nagaski A-bombings in 1945.

The activists used bolt-cutters to get into the E-9 Minuteman II facility, located just northwest of the White Shield, North Dakota. "Using a sledgehammer and household hammers, they disabled the lock on the personnel entry hatch that provides access to the warhead and they hammered on the silo lid that covers the 300 kiloton nuclear warhead," the group said in a statement. "The activists painted 'It's a sin to build a nuclear weapon' on the face of the 110-ton hardened silo cover and the peace activists poured their blood on the missile lid."

This was all done while wearing face paint, dunce caps, misfitting overalls, and bright yellow wigs.

We dress as clowns to show that humor and laughter are key elements in the struggle to transform the structures of destruction and death. Saint Paul said that we are “fools for God's sake,” and we say that we are “fools for God and humanity.” Clowns as court jesters were sometimes the only ones able to survive after speaking truth to authorities in power.

Guards responded within minutes. And when they arrived, the protesters "ate a lot of gravel," I'm told.

"The individuals were taken from the area and brought to the McLean County Jail," the AP notes. "The three are being charged with criminal trespass and criminal mischief, both Class A misdemeanors, and bond was set at $500 each.... The FBI is involved in the case and federal charges are pending."

In NZ after people pass cops on the road, they flash their lights at all oncoming cars for like the next mile to warn them of a speed trap. we should do this in the PNW.

That used to be a regular practice here, too. However, I believe the police take a dim view of this as some kind of "interference" with a police officer or "obstruction." Try that in Lynnwood some time and I bet you get pulled over.

We had photo radar banned in B.C. A political ploy to garner votes. Did I say garner? Hmm,, how mature of me.

Anyway they had cameras at intersections etc. I got a photo radar ticket and never did pay it. After you get one and don't send in your bodeens like a good citizen they have to serve you with a summons and as nobody would pay the fine they couldn't keep up with the summons serviers so it turned into a paperwork nightmare.

Speeding is all relative.

From what I hear in Australia, at least in Victoria, the state has installed a pretty robust network of speed-cams and the population there didn't seem to object much at any stage of the project. If anything, I would have expected the folks in Victoria BC to take the speed-cams lying down, and for the folks in Victoria AUS to raise hell. Surprising inversion.

From what I hear in Australia, at least in Victoria, the state has installed a pretty robust network of speed-cams and the population there didn't seem to object much at any stage of the project. If anything, I would have expected the folks in Victoria BC to take the speed-cams lying down, and for the folks in Victoria AUS to raise hell. Surprising inversion.

I'm not sure how many actual photo radar units there are relative to 'photo radar' zone signs in Oz or NZ.. based on recent experience it's pretty low. Or at least I never got a ticket for graituitous speeds.

The toll for entering Melbourne via the Highways is enforced effectively via camera... so pay up or the rental car company will charge your creditcard 5 months later blush.gif

That used to be a regular practice here, too. However, I believe the police take a dim view of this as some kind of "interference" with a police officer or "obstruction." Try that in Lynnwood some time and I bet you get pulled over.

Huh? Maybe I'm missing something, but how do they pull you over for obstruction? Have two more cops down the road a bit, in each direction, so they can see who flashes their lights and who doesn't? Or do they just stop everyone that goes by at the speed limit and ask them if anyone flashed their lights at them? And even if any of this did make sense, how could they prove I just didn't hit the high beam by accident when I meant to hit my windshield cleaner?

I flash people, and they flash me. In fact, I just got flashed a couple weeks ago, and I thanked her for it. grin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

web page

SEATTLE MEAN CLOWN ALERT! FULL STORY---------->

"Pierce County park visitors assaulted by gang of thugs

By Jennifer Sullivan

Seattle Times staff reporter

For several nights last month, a group of thugs with black hooded sweat shirts pulled tight over their heads, including at least one in "angry" clown makeup, terrorized visitors to Pierce County's Fort Steilacoom Park, police say.

The group cried "woo, woo, Juggalo" as they assaulted park visitors with a machete and fists. They stole cellphones, cash and wallets and even threatened to cut their victims' heads off, according to court documents.

So far, two men and a woman have been charged with robbery and assault for their alleged roles in the string of attacks, said Pierce County deputy prosecutor Phil Sorensen. Prosecutors say the suspects claim to be "Juggalos," a subculture that has developed among the fan base of the rap/metal group Insane Clown Posse.

"The violence was gratuitous," said Lakewood police Lt. Dave Guttu. "They [victims] had already given up their stuff and were assaulted anyway."

Two victims suffered broken jaws in the attacks that occurred the nights of June 18-20 and early in the morning of June 21. Another was kicked in the head, and a woman said her attackers demanded that she take off her pants, according to prosecutors.

All of the victims were at the park after it closed, police said.

Guttu said eight to 10 more people are being sought for their alleged roles in the attacks, in which 23 people were injured.

Information

More about the Insane Clown Posse and the band's followers: insaneclownposse.com

According to prosecutors, one of the men charged in the attacks claimed that Juggalo groups are growing in Pierce County — going by the names "Hatchet Riders," "Juggalo Empire" and "Northwest Juggalo Posse."

"The people in the Juggalo group say they're seeing violence on the rise among the Juggalo group," Guttu said.

Anthony Pierce, 29, Crystal Hilliard, 19, and Daniel Barnum, 21, are accused of participating in the park assaults. But, Guttu says, violence is atypical among Juggalos in Lakewood, where the park is located.

Juggalos and Juggalettes — as female fans of Insane Clown Posse are called — are known to dress in black and wear black and white clownlike face paint. According to a statement on the Web site whatisajuggalo.com, the subculture preaches racial tolerance and belief in a religion.

Spokespeople for Insane Clown Posse's record label, Psychopathic Records, didn't return calls for comment Tuesday. The band is scheduled to perform this weekend in the annual "Gathering of Juggalos," a large outdoor concert near Columbus, Ohio.

Victims of the Fort Steilacoom violence reported that one woman was wearing black clownlike eye makeup and other attackers were dressed in black hoodies, Guttu said. One person carried a machete. The Insane Clown Posse is often identified by the symbol of a laughing clown carrying a meat cleaver or hatchet.

Sorensen, the deputy prosecutor, said other people claiming to be Juggalos have been charged in violent crimes.

Guttu said the park, which closes at 9 p.m., had become a popular hangout for Juggalos to drink and smoke marijuana. He advises park visitors to visit the park only when it is open."

Damn. Looks like some punk-assed CLOWNS need their ass's kicked.