• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
Eric_taylor

Rainier Summits the last few days?

Has anyone reached the summit of Rainier in last few days? Or does anyone have any reports? The weather was so great! I bet the Ingraham Direct route was excellent. Also, can people get up to Muir without snow shoes? I tried calling Mt. Rainier services, but they just have an answering service right now. I am going the next time the weather is excellent like we just had. I did see the report by glennm about the ledges. Excellent report.

[ 04-05-2002: Message edited by: Eric taylor ]

we skied up to Muir yesterday and it was amazing. There was only one person trying to summit and there had been 8-10 who had tried to summit since Sunday. We skied a 40 degree chute down onto the Nisqually- conditions were pretty stable. If anyone is interested in trying to summit the next good weather window let me know!

hey i might be down hittin it up when the next weather window breaks.....write me at climbingmonk@hotmail.com if you are still interested.... [big Drink]

I'm just sitting at my desk and speculating, but I would think that, with ONLY a foot of new snow over a week and lots of wind, the south-facing slopes up to Muir should be reasopnablky firm.

The weather reports that I have been seeing say good fri/ sat any opinions or am I just dreaming...(gib ledges)

I heard it was supposed to clear up for 3 days. But, when was the last time a weather report was right around here?

Update -- I called down there today (Longmire) and the guy I spoke with said that there's been a foot of new snow at paradise the last week, so travel up to Muir w/o snowshoes or skiis would be pretty difficult. No information about the upper mountain; the chief climbing ranger, Steve Winslow, is out this week, and Mike G. isn't around either.

The gate at Longmire is unlocked around 9:00 am, and is locked to uphill traffic by 6:30 PM, and to downhill traffic around 8:00.

Weather forecast looks pretty decent for the weekend. I think we'll be making a go of Gib tomorrow. I believe there are still no limit restrictions at Muir until June 1st. Can anyone else confirm that? I think we just self-register at Paradise and truck on up. Good lord am I gettin' excited... Climbing season here we come.

http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/cgi-bin/getproduct.pl?SEASEARECSEA