Standard Climbing Disclaimer?

EWolfe

I am not a guide and am merely having fun with others who may or may not be climbers in the above noted "climbing trip". Although I am familiar with this climb/climbing area that means nothing.

It may be dark, cold, wet, muddy, hot, freezing and windy during the climb and the only fun may be in seeing others suffer.

Any photos taken during the climb may be published or shared with others regardless of how they make you appear.

I am not insured nor do I carry any insurance for losses, injuries or deaths that may occur as a result of or while you are participating in these climbs. I am not proficient at reading guides or topo maps, route-finding, or the use of any navigational gizmos or gadgets. I am not strong enough or brave enough to defend or protect myself or anyone else from potential attack from wild or domesticated animals. Although I may carry bear spray, I have not been trained in its use and you may be inadvertently sprayed. I am not proficient in backcountry survival. I can only and will only carry enough food, water, clothing, or lighting for my own needs. I am not responsible for anything my dog(s) may do to you including alergic reactions, tripping you, clawing you, or biting you. I do not carry any radio, telephone or any other communication device that might enable you to summon assistance or be rescued. The people who will be climbing with you may be hazardous to your health. The climbs we will be doing will be hazardous to your health. You will be exposed to other hazards - natural, unnatural, supernatural or any combination thereof, and your participation in this climbing is wholly voluntary and at your own discretion and risk. You are responsible for your own health and well-being. You are over the age of 18 and of sound mind and body. You are a superbly conditioned athlete capable of feats that most mortals would not consider. The location, distances, times, directions, elevations, route conditions, water crossings and any pertinent details about the climbs are estimates only and may or may not be real, factual or in any way correct.

Any harm, concern or fear suffered from your own or others use or subsequent effects of recreational drugs/alcohol are, likewise, beyond my control.

Your having read this email and still showing up for the climbing will be taken as your consent, acknowledgement and acceptance of all of the above risks, terms and conditions.

Paraphrased from Gravsports.

Edited by MisterE

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's my waiver you gotta sign for climbing in my front yard:

LIABILITY WAIVER

CLIMBING AT HERCULES #2 QUARRY

TENINO, WASHINGTON

I, ______________________________, recognize that rock climbing is an inherently dangerous sport and that responsibility for my safety is dependent upon decisions that I personally make. I will not hold the owners of this quarry, NAMES OMITTED CUZ MY WIFE DOESN'T WANT THAT SHIT ON THE INTERNET , (hereafter referred to as "the owners") responsible for death or injury incurred on this property.

I accept that any day spent climbing at the Hercules #2 Quarry may be the last day of my life. All protection is suspect: bolts can pull and trees may be unstable due shallow rooting, disease, size, or other causes that are not readily apparent. The rock, Tenino Sandstone, can fracture in large and small pieces at any time without any warning. The owners recommend the use of helmets and belaying to the side of the person climbing, but do not guarantee that these measures will prevent injury or death. Beware of all blocks and flakes and do not equate size with stability: large flakes can detach and fall with very little encouragement. The owners do not vouch for the quality, strength or safety of any bolt or other protection placed at the Hercules #2 Quarry. Matters beyond the control of the owners may result in death, injury, or hideous and crippling disfigurement at any time anyone is at the Quarry. I accept that the owners in no way guarantee my safety or survival.

I also recognize that my right to climb at the Hercules #2 Quarry is subject to rules limiting access and actions as set forth by the owners, and supplied with this liability waiver. I agree to follow these rules and recognize that violation of these rules can result in revocation of any right to access on my part and ultimately result in criminal prosecution for trespass.