IdaTARDS....Sound off!

drater

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Man you guys are talking crazy man. You know where Foriegn Engines is on NOrthwest blvd. I used to tow alot of cars out their for eddy heath, that guy was crazy. I swear to god there are some cool looking rocks you can see from the freeway, on the other side of the spokan river, you guys ever climbed there.

Choss.

I think Idaho's gay anyway

Donny, there's more to Idaho than truck stop glory holes.

Climbed at Laclede for the first time a few weeks ago. Wandered around - everything was pretty mossy where we looked and most of the cracks were wet at the time. There's a pretty nice 5.7 slab right off the highway that was dry so we did that. Seemed a bit sketchy from the last bolt to the anchor but still a fun route.

Edited by spotly

Me and Stevey Winkler might go there this weekend, do you remember if when the sun hits that place? thumbs_up.gif

Donnie, unfortunately the sun never hits Laclede. It's like an eternal eclipse in that area or something, I don't know what the deal is...strange shit. There's probably still some good iceclimbs on the upper bench right now, up to WI4+/M13/V5 or so.

Lemme know if you have any more questions....

wow that must not have been the sun that baked my melon on that sweet slab last week. It was smoking hot at 10:ooam the last weekend of june out there. That was a fun route despite what i thought to be a sketchy couple moves to get to the the second bolt. Maybe it was cause my one year old and inlaws watched me on the lead. probably the shortest approach i ever had. you can belay from your vehile listenning to tunes if you dare.

My friend, Carl got the second bolt pretty easily but paused going for the 3rd. We decided top play around with it and turned it to 2 pitches with a belay from the shelf halfway up. That section just below the anchors sucked for me. I made the move ok but it felt pretty thin. I'm a wimp!

Laclede_001.JPG