• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I was there yesterday.

Have fun and now the lecture.....

Please let it grow.

I'll be really upset if some top ropers go up and start swinging tools at the ice. Parts of the main formation wobble with one kick.

If you must go; Hook around delicate features, buy a lift ticket, obey every word the ski patrol tells you (even if it is to pack up and go home), and don't practice or learn to climb ice at this place- the features are just to delicate right now, be diplomatic to all paying skiiers and patrollers, and don't start any form of confrontation if you and your ropes get skied on or over while belaying. One ice climbing jerk will close this area for good.

-man..... I sound like Polish Bob!

Have fun.

I was up in the valley today doing a recon for ice and found it in abundance! Can't report on stellar falls, but all the other alpental lines are in, including the strasse twins. Climb early in the day since it has been warming up to high forties by the afternoon. Up the valley bryant buttress had multiple lines of 3-4 stepped out pitch type routes.