How lame is freestyle motocross

TrogdortheBurninator

I am watching the X games and thought I'd rant.

I know its been around a while now, but freestyle motocross has to be the most boring "extreme" sport ever. It makes figure skating seem exciting. There is one trick, a back flip. Every single person does it. The only difference is how far you stretch your arm or where you move your leg. Jerking off in the middle of the flip would probably be the most exciting trick of the year to these douchebags. That is how lame this sport is. The trick never changes. I cant beleive this "sport" is still around.

Watching the old Crusty Demons of Dirt videos was cool, but these stupid best trick contests seem to eliminate about 99% of what could possibly make motocross cool.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We want to see what humans can do, not what motorized vehicles can do (which is not much).

So climbing Birdbrain Boulevard with hummingbirds, pound ins, and a 50 m 11m rope is no different than with Ergos, cranky screws and super skinny ropes? wazzup.gif

Motorized or not gear makes a big difference IMO.

So climbing Birdbrain Boulevard with hummingbirds, pound ins, and a 50 m 11m rope is no different than with Ergos, cranky screws and super skinny ropes? wazzup.gif

And at some point the gear obscures the human and it becomes a battle of engineers and a different arena altogether.

And at some point the gear obscures the human and it becomes a battle of engineers and a different arena altogether.

"Battle of the Engineers" would be a show I would watch.

So, to all that are talking about how freestyle motocross sucks. I would love to know how many of you have actually tried simply riding a motorcyle of any type, let alone trying even the most basic jumps or heaven forbid a trick or two. I think you are all basically a bunch of pre-madonas who like to talk a big game about things you don't understand or are unwilling to see the amount of dedication and skill that is involved. I am too an outdoor enthusiast. But you all sound like a bunch of winy little school kids that think you are better than these guys. Sure they might have a tough exterior, but they put in just as much time in training as most of you all do for whatever form of climbing you have chosen. To everyone their own so to speak. If you don't like it don't pay attention to it. Just cause you are such "hard core climbers", doesn't give you the right to tear into the freestyle sport or lifestyle. I love it so I take part in it and watch it on tv. Just as you all do with climbing. You don't see them talking about how all the climbers out there are a bunch of talentless ass clowns, eh? If you have enough time to sit here and talk about how freestyle motocross is such a worthless sport, you should focus more on actually climbing than talking about it. Or if it would make you feel any better, try riding a dirtbike and see how long it takes you at the very least to get comfortable with some very basic jumps. I bet you would be suprised. Try it before you talk smack about it.