Jumbo Eggs

knotzen

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had Indian Runner ducks for a few years and the eggs you get from them are unbelievably good and much better for you. Alas my duck experiment turned into a raccoon feeding experiment so no more ducks. Thanks for letting me ramble on here, those little ducks really meant a lot to me and now that they are gone.. well I just feel lonely all the time.

There's a personals ad in there somewhere.

The white brown thing is just a breed thing. But when you have an egg from a chicken that eats lots of organic shit such as bugs and stuff then the yolks are much deeper yellow or orange. An egg will keep for a long time but the older they are the more watery the white gets and when you crack it into a pan it will more runny. I had Indian Runner ducks for a few years and the eggs you get from them are unbelievably good and much better for you. Alas my duck experiment turned into a raccoon feeding experiment so no more ducks. Thanks for letting me ramble on here, those little ducks really meant a lot to me and now that they are gone.. well I just feel lonely all the time. Fucking Raccoon bastards.. they don't know what they've done. If I every catch one of those frothing little rabid fucks I will smash their skulls with a shovel..and eat their babies.

I thought Duck eggs tasted better becuase they were higher in fat and cholesterol.....making it not really healthier.

[quote

I eat only the supposed "free range" eggs and they are white without exception. They don't taste any better than eggs from tortured, miserable chickens & they cost a lot more but somehow it all works better for me to do that.

I commend you on your economically-irrational-yet- ethically-correct-despite-little-supporting-evidence perseverance. Really, though, every marketed-as-organic egg I've ever seen has been brown.

In Greek, cock-a-doodle-doo translates to 'kokkoriko'. Yep, spelled with k's.

As usual, the truth is boring. yellowsleep.gif

What I've always wondered is what the deal is with brown eggs. My grandma always said brown eggs were healthier, but then a friend who kept chickens said no no, it's just different chicken varieties: some lay white, some lay brown eggs.

Ok, then, how come all the ORGANIC (and free range too, I think) eggs happen to be brown, hmmm? Is it just that companies hawking organic eggs have thought of my grandmother, and are only stocking brown-egg-laying chickens because they (wisely, it seems) know we healthy types will prefer them?? confused.gif

I eat only the supposed "free range" eggs and they are white without exception. They don't taste any better than eggs from tortured, miserable chickens & they cost a lot more but somehow it all works better for me to do that.

Hey, I will have eggs all spring and summer in Index. PM me and let's work out a way you can get all the eggs you can eat. wave.gif