Skiing Sunday 1/22 (Seattle Area)

Dave_Schuldt

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am looking at making some turns on Sun. up and down, not round and round on the XC trails. up at the Pass I would be very interested in skiing the Crooked Couloir or the Slot Couloir.

I'm with you on that. Not sure where these Couloirs that you mention are, but somewhere around the Pass sounds nice and close. Hope'n to demo some boots that I think I'm going to get too.

Get Martin Volken's book Backcountry Skiing Snoqualmie Pass, it's all in there. A phenomenal guidebook, with great info at the beginning about safety, planning tours etc. Slot Couloir looks great, I don't know about conditions though (heard it was still heavy stuff as of Wed PM). I may be touring in the area tomorrow, if so I'll post about conditions.

I'm interested in doing a tour in the Alpental area on Sunday if you guys are putting something together.

I don't know if I can stand the Bosses Ass all day though!

Seriously though, I'm thinking something around the pass would be really nice with the weather supposedly being clear all day. Send me a PM and we can discuss options of where to go. bigdrink.gif

you should have been home drinking beer and watching the hawks thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Got some of that in, too! Saw everything from about the 2nd half of the 2nd quarter, till the end. Left before the game was over and saw the fireworks go off from SafeCo while driving across the WSB. Knew then they did it. Fireworks are way cooler in person than watching them on TV.