Aliens recalled yet?

Do people still plan on climbing with their non-recalled Aliens? I know I now have little/no faith in any of 'em. My life is worth more than a reverse engineered monkey-ass product that has a poor safety record and very poor QA/QC.

Yeah, yeah, I know I can dispose of them at addresses X,Y, and Z....

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the FAQ,

CCH is currently working on implementing an ISO 9000 quality management system. To prevent this specific issue we are pull testing every brazed cable to the specified strength rating. You can verify that the new CCH Alien cams manufactured after January 2006 have completed cable pull testing by locating an "L", "U" or "N" punch on the head of the cam. We have also implemented new jig testing to verify that Alien cams meet specified tolerances.

The fact that they are *working on implementing* ISO 9000 and *implementing* tests of their tolerances for manufacture means (IMHO) that ALL earlier cams are HIGHLY suspect.

I am not trying to troll, I just think folks need to seriously think about what this means for whatever is on their rack....

The fact that they are *working on implementing* ISO 9000 and *implementing* tests of their tolerances for manufacture means (IMHO) that ALL earlier cams are HIGHLY suspect.

If you haven't fallen on your original/early design aliens yet you need to donate them to someone who will actually use them.

A more or less spotless equipment history to date is plenty for me... maybe for the rest of you living in a plastic bubble it isn't but that's your choice.

Send me your old aliens wazzup.gif