Crystal Report

Mal_Con

Went up thursday night to about 6" of new at base. Friday it snowed another 4" or snow turning to rain at the base, It was great on top with a good foot of unskiied in snorting elk chutes, though a bit heavy South BC closed but North open. Turned to rain whole mountain Friday night at least a foot or so melted meltwater streams on slopes top closed. Tried out new backcountry skis on groomers they were sweet! Needless to say backcountry closed and slopes turned brown on south exposures. Groomed runs surprisingly good. Closed down slopes at 4pm. Started snowing again Sunday did not go up as top was still closed. Looks like it will be good again next week smile.gif

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeff H and I went up there on the 28th. The snow was good. There are still a few rocks out at the top of the Queen. We skied a couple lines on the King. One started down Brain Damage but then we traversed over a rib, and another went somewhere in the vicinity of pinball. There's any icy layer from the warm period that really stands out plus a lot of rocks to avoid. We still found some good powder though.

It was lots of fun. I hope they get some more snow.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey I just want to shout out to all you suckers stuck at work Crystal was fucking awsome today. 1' of powder; a little heavy at times, but this is the NW.

I did a bunch of runs on exterminator and 2 into the South Back. I Skied Brain Damage on one; it's getting a lot easier as the snow piles up.

When I left it was snowing down to Crystal Springs, but I just looked at the weather and it's 33 degrees at the base now.

All and all non stop action; I just talked to your mom on the phone and she said the same thing LOL

skianim.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I went on Saturday and it was a freak'in mad house down low....5 kids, in a ROW, fell off the lift. What is with the 5 students per one instructor gig? It was maddening! Once you got up higher though...the madness dissapeared! And back country ROCKED!! Powder up to my CHEST!! MY CHEST!!! It was freak'in INCREDIBLE!!!