• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
glassgowkiss

central wa ice

For sure, I don't have my WIG on hand and can't recall if there is any advice on where to stay the night. Any camping, cheap motels, and/or antique shops to keep the little lady occupied??

if the ice is good enough to warrant 2 days, lots of people camp in their trucks at steamboat rock sp. otherwise, i've stayed at cheap-o hotels in wenatchee but its hit or miss.

probably the only thing to do near banks for little ladies that dont ice climb is go ice fishin' or sit in the car and read.

There is one motel in Coulee City which is at the south end of Banks Lake. On the north end in Electric City there are at least two motels, bar, resturant, groceries. Bar and resturant are smokey. There is a campground at Steamboat state park. There is also a road that goes up to the right side of the road before electric city. (there are only three roads that come off the highway to the right) to a summer camping area which I have set my tent up at a couple of times. Not sure if that is legal or not. I have also set up a tent at the pull out for Salt and Pepper. Nice car camping spot! Hope that helps.

I have spent the night in the truck at Steamboat Rock. The low was 5 degrees. I had to scrape ice off the inside of the windows before we could go. The next night was suppose to be 5 below. We opted for the little motel just south of Banks in Coulee City. This is the one near the gas station on the main route. It was the best $50 (not so cheap) I have spent. It was warm. We could dry out. Also the gas station has a grill for hot, greasy food. Just what you need at the end of a day on the ice.