Dry Toolers Anonymous: Portland Football

MtnHigh

It's football season so as the saying goes, when in Greece greek something. ie: this is about playing football sicko.

Once agian the weather forecast is for 150% chance of rain this weekend, messing about in the mountains is left for the hardmen.

I'm talking flag football, not full on tackle. This is in respect for all you climbing athletes who what to do some thrashing about but avoid injuries. I'll bring the ball and flags.

I have no idea if anyone is interested in this, so all those who are spray the hell out of this tread. That way we will know if it's gonna happen.

When: Saturday 12/3 Noon

Where: Grant Park On 33rd Ave just north of I84

***Moderators, please move this over to the Events Forum, for whatever reason I could not post there. Thanks***

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are a sick bastard Pete.

I haven't played for 30 years, I'm interested. Do you need an out of shape, aging unshaved toad for a cheerleader? Cause I'm so there if ya do.

Should be awesome weather this weekend snow wise, so if you pick my recovery day, and the lad lets off and I don't have to do a snow campout daily double at Meadows ...I'm interested.

Perhaps the after game party could involve shovels, dirt and rock removal rappelling at Bill's Buttress at the Butte in prep for 4 new routes this spring instead of the usual beer and chips thing.

PS bring butch and I'll bring Hank the angry Jack Russell, and I want to be on Nolses team so I can win.

so.....if this and if that and if the other AND the stars align...... sounds good, I play a mean "Left Out" position.

And bring a couple of those elecrtic heart re-starter chest thinggys for me will ya or make sure Butch can do CPR?

***Moderators: pleas delete my post if it makes no sense OK? I'm on wine medication for me hart. Thanxs****** (spoken with a slight slur).

ps if you want to hear how I dropped a #7 DMM stopper in Red Rocks last week let me know. A rarity.

I'm screaming "Rock Rock ya bastards and stuff like that". Ujahn speaks from below...uhhh, Bill, that wasn't a rock, it looked like one of your new DMM stoppers.

Dropped 3 or 4 pitches down and landed 2 feet from my pack.

hmmm - shitty freezing fog on hood this weekend or football in the rain n' mud in pdx? hmmm...couldn't we just go to smiff?

i might be in - depends on how shit shapes up. i was a big fat turd of a lineman in highschool, but now i feel more like tight-end material...

I think family *cough* cough* obligations *cough* are going to overrule my love of football being with ya all. Turns out my boy came off the mountain last night raving about the snow. Looks like I'll get drug up there to go skiing instead.....again:-)

Being in the f*ing wet assed-cold friggan raining freezing mudpile with a bunch of sweatty guys....well, sounds enticing, but sorry, gonna have to defer.

We got a game boys. the_finger.gifThere are 6-7 fer-sures and the usual bystanders waiting to see if something is going to happen.

Look for me or Layton or for the plab football sign. If it's just too shitty out for some of you to play outside meet us at the pub afterward. How about the A&L. I want to see USC go down.

Well, y'all missed some serious FOOTBALL. Even Random Guy showed up. We all thought somebody else knew him, turns out he just saw what a f'in good time we had in the mud tossin' round the old pigskin. Even Butch had fun in his own way, humpin' the backpack.

Wish we had pics, but there was football to be had, not fancy french photogragpy.