Soul crushing happy good times DAY!

layton

What fun! Driving, that is.

Mister Donaldson and I found choice driving up I-5 all the way from Portland to Chehalis, but we decided to turn around and drive through Portland again, then all the way over to Baker City! I treasure our special little "drives" through this heartland.

gonna go check out some o' dat elkhorn ice! Yeeehaw!

But where are we gonna find a map store open before 9am in a podunk town the day after thanksgiving? It just so happened the USGS was located across from the safeway and was open early! A good omen? We were shown all sorts of top secret stuff by the map man. Look out locals.

So we loaded the packs for some overnight winter campin'! And after a whole two hours skiing with heavy packs (loaded with 3 boxes of coffee filters and enough gas for one cup each? wft??) we quickly arrived at the base of the face at the end of the resivoir and set up camp for some campin'

Unfortunately, although it was very cold out (teens), it was dumping snow (6 inches) and all the ice was gone execpt for what looked like a 50 foot dribble way up above a nice loaded slope. Oh well! We had LOTS of campin' to be had anyways.

What happened inside that little I-tent from 2:30 in the afternoon to 9am the next morning is the real story. Let me start by saying Marcus didn't leave the tent once in that whole 18 hour stretch. Too busy campin'! Yeah boy, let me tell you.

THE GREAT ALPINE NINJA BATTLE.......

As it snowed and snowed and we sat and stared at the walls of the tent for ceasless hours with no form of entertainment brought, madness set in.

The inside of the tent sweated our drying clothes in the fading light and the november snowfall silently suffocated our sanity. Then! A strange figure appeared on the side of the tent....

136IMG_1708.JPG

"I SHALL REIGN BLOOD DOWN UPON THEE WITH GREAT VENGANCE! TAKE UP ARMS AGAINST THINE NEIGHBOR!!"

the scary drippy stick god screached! I was terrified! I looked aroudn and Marcus was gone!

I was alone and scared. I cowered in the corner alone with my madness

136IMG_1714.JPG

Then a glowing appeared from Marcus's bag, not unlike the star baby planet from 2010 A space odessy.

136IMG_1696.JPG

And Marcus appeared out of nowhere, as a NINJA!!!!

136IMG_1715.JPG

And cast a spell on me, turning me into the lead singer from Aha! in their video "Take on me"

136IMG_1720.JPG

Then he cast another spell!

136IMG_1722.JPG

I prayed to the gods "Sock and Glove"

136IMG_1717.JPG

And they gave me special powers!

136IMG_1740.JPG

Ninja Marcus's will was STRONG!

136IMG_1716.JPG

So sock and glove gods gave me more power!

136IMG_17401.jpg

to freeze ninja Marcus in Carbonite!

136IMG_1681.JPG

The rest of the trip was uneventful. We ran out of gas on deadman's pass and somehow made it to a gas station after 19 miles going downhill on empty.

I love ice climbing! yoda.gif

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic