Bring back Dwayner. Bring back the fun.

pope

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bring back Dwayner. Bring back the fun.

Yes, bring back Dwayner

It would be fun if the guy wouldn't keep harping on the same issue, ad nauseum.

So fucking what? What is so fucking important here that the Dwayner side-show bothers? Don is a little one-dimensional (not in real-life though), but is harmless. There is such a tendancy for people to feel that this place is important and serious, and Don detracts from this. It isn't, and he doesn't.

"What is so fucking important here that the Dwayner side-show bothers? Don is a little one-dimensional (not in real-life though), but is harmless. There is such a tendancy for people to feel that this place is important and serious, and Don detracts from this. It isn't, and he doesn't."

I second that emotion...

"Access Denied.

Please use your back button to return to the previous page."

I forgot that you need to register over there to see that link. Here's a copy for your enjoyment. Dwayner on Rap:

I don't know Dwayner, but he sounds like he has no kids. Intolerant.”

What I seems to know is that The 'Bone doesn't seem to have much of a sense of humor.

So, you talk alot of trash about kids that are really into doing positive things, and really psyched about learning the ways of trad climbing, gym climbing, bouldering...just climbing. Just goes to show that you know nothing about their reality.

Dude...you don't know who you're talking to. I've got insights into American youth like few others:

20s.jpg

"Ay yo trip! Bling, blang, blung, bloong, bleng. I jus got my blizzy chizzy with the grizzy-grizzy." [editor's note: Nonsense noises followed by an indication that this young man has performed his "belay check with the gri-gri"]

BMride1.jpg

"Whadup, dawg? Where duz I park m' hoo-ride for da comps?"

jay.jpg

"Yo Semite"? Ain't that that new phat Jewish rap group m'homies are raging 'bout? Boo-ya!"

kaffeine.jpg

"bizzy, spizzy, trizzy....it all good!" [editor's note: "bouldering, sport, trad...it all has positive value!"]

toohigh.jpg

"Two-Homey's Meadow? Bring it on!"

delaware.jpg

"My boo is a route-setter at the gym...I talked him into puttin' up a heinous 5.10b creation called "Gurlz Rule". And I made him use pink tape. Look for it next time you be chillaxin in da house o' holds. By the way......Gurlz rule!

tattoo.jpg

"Tats....they make us climb better and they assist us in establishing our individual identity in an uncaring world. Did I mention that they make us climb better?"

hippies6.jpg

"ALLEZ!!!"

If you take them kidz down to the Valley, I suggest you bring some of these along:

trapeze_net.jpg

And for the smaller gym-rats:

net1_m.jpg

It would be fun if the guy wouldn't keep harping on the same issue, ad nauseum.

Lets get back to this, and why Dwayner ( and others) were banned.

Some people were rude and rascist, and eventually found themselves banned from their own blog at ascensionist.

Others caused too much trouble with the inner clique (AlpineK at ascensionist, Dwayner here)

Some supposedly threatened others.

Dwayner may be a broken record, but he was never rude, rascist, or had violent tendancies. The two main problems with Dwayner was that he espouced ideas that the "Head" moderator disagreed with. And that he had posts with lots of photos, and these took up lots of thread space, and this interfered with Catbirdseat's browsing.

You know what? Brian could just choose to ignore Dwayner. You know what else? So could the "Head" moderator, after he got down off his high horse. This place, and it's ideas, just aren't so special that shutting down Dwayner is justified. It is mearly high-handed self-importantance on the part of others that got Dwayner booted.

This place, and it's ideas, just aren't so special that shutting down Dwayner is justified.

Or maybe Dwayner, and his ideas (?), just aren't so special that his continued delusional Luddite ramblings here are justified?

Many of us find you unfunny and two-dimensional, but that's no reason to ban you.

Take Dru for example: Seldom does one find a bigger waste of bandwidth, what with his adolescent focus on sexual innuendo, ill-fated, subtle-post-change attempts at humor and monotonous archival post-dredging, but after 3 to 4 times the post numbers of anyone else on this board, most of which are pure spew, he's still at it.

I saw no legitimate reason for Dwayners banning other than somebody didn't like what he was saying, but hey, it's a privately owned board and the owners have the final say.

It's OK ScottP

No one likes you either.

cry.gif

Like I give a shit what people think.

You, on the other hand, live for the attention you get here...

an average of 16 posts/day=screaming for attention=heinously pathetic...

But that's beside the point...

Whatever Dwayner did to get the axe, in my opinion, is no worse than what you do on a regular basis. In his case, it appears he rubbed the wrong people the wrong way.

This place, and it's ideas, just aren't so special that shutting down Dwayner is justified.

Or maybe Dwayner, and his ideas (?), just aren't so special that his continued delusional Luddite ramblings here are justified?

Many of us find you unfunny and two-dimensional, but that's no reason to ban you.

Take Dru for example: Seldom does one find a bigger waste of bandwidth, what with his adolescent focus on sexual innuendo, ill-fated, subtle-post-change attempts at humor and archival post-dredging, but after 3 to 4 times the post numbers of anyone else on this board, most of which are pure spew, he's still at it.

I saw no legitimate reason for Dwayners banning other than somebody didn't like what he was saying, but hey, it's a privately owned board and the owners have the final say.

That is exactly my point, that most of the stuff here is tripe. Dwayner didn't get booted off for pissing off Jon and Tim, he got booted off for pissing off the "Head" moderator. Very pissy and arbitrary if you ask me.

PS

For the record, I enjoy the post's of DFA, ScottP, and Dru's. I have spoken to ScottP, and found him a nice person, although he probably thought I was a little strange. I have bantered with Pope, Dwayner, and Ray Borbon. I would probably enjoy drinking with DFA and Dru. I think that Allison is a total idiot.

my observation is that from behind the scenes, there doesn't appear to be a "head" moderator, and there is actually a diverse group of people doing the moderation that appear to work together. some people can be more infuencial at times, but from what I've seen it is just luck based on who is available to have a discussion, and not a conspiracy or one person's opinion prevailing all the time. that said, I don't know the dwayner situation...but if he got the current group of moderators to jointly agree to ban him, then he must have done something to deserve it.