Vesper Peak

scot'teryx

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone else done the direct North Face route on Vesper? Not the one in the Selected Climbs II. Wow, pretty dirty and scary! I remember having to simul climb on wet/mossy 5.8 because there was no gear to put in a belay and one marginal cam between us. You had to excavate each placement. Fortuntaley it was pretty short and the views were amazing down to Copper lake but I think I will opt for the Wiegelt route the next time.

noticed lots of people hauling gear up to do the north face route, but not understandable as it was wet the whole day.

We actually wound up bouldering down in the Weden Basin where Devin did a FA of "Wedenization" :: V0 [Razz]

Cool problems all over that basin, I really want to make sure to get up there on a dry day to do the NF route, and then play on the boulders on the way down

quote:

Originally posted by Greg W:

quote:

Originally posted by scot'teryx:

Did the walk up this Sunday on Vesper in wet conditions - it was snowing on top at 6214'

Is there a hut to smoke in on Vesper?
[big Grin][big Grin]
It took over 30 minutes to get this response in the books? Bunch of cc.com slackers around here. [Roll Eyes]

quote:

Is there a hut to smoke in on Vesper?
[big Grin][big Grin]
[/QB]

C'mon Greg, you've been up there before!

Remember when you were up there with that cougar last month? You must have been really lonely that week or not getting any because the cougar seemed to like it

[ 08-05-2002, 12:17 PM: Message edited by: scot'teryx ]

quote:

Originally posted by scot'teryx:

C'mon Greg, you've been up there before!

Remember when you were up there with that cougar last month? You must have been really lonely that week or not getting any because the cougar seemed to like it

Sorry, wasn't me. Are you sure that wasn't the homoerotic fantasy you were role-playing with Trask this weekend?

quote:

Originally posted by trask:

Leave me out of your butthole fantasies Greg & Scott. I spent my weekend tearin' up the dance floor and later whisperin' sweet nothings in a little chickas ear (didn't have to chew my arm off either).

but did she have to chew hers off????

[Moon][laf][big Drink]

I climbed the N Face two weeks ago and found it was clean and pleasent. We followed the description for Selected Climbs 2 but once we got to the base of the N face we took run out seams to the top a little right of the big open book. I am not sure what exact route we did, there are a ton of variations you can do. There are horizontal ledges all over to navigate the face. HB offset nuts were a big help! I think we had 5 roped pitches. It was like a big Ingalls Peak on solid granite.