cc.com PM Tip (not inane)

knotzen

Did you know... you can set up your cc.com account to send a message to your private e-mail account whenever you receive a PM on cc.com? Well, you can!

Here's how:

Under "Main Configuration" on your My Home page, edit the third category, Subscribe / Unsubscribe from receiving forum posts by email, change message notifications, etc.,, then select Yes under the first option, Do you want email notifications when you receive private messages?

This is helpful if you are trying to hook up with someone to go climbing, or what-have-you ( bigdrink.gif, smileysex5.gif, mushsmile.gif, boxing_smiley.gif, rockband.gif, HCL.gif, fruit.gif, snugtop.gif), and don't want to check into cc.com to see if they have responded. (Of course, you have to login to cc.com to *read* the PM.)

Seems like some peeps may not know about this, so there it is, FWIW. Be careful out there.

This has been a public service announcement brought to you by the friendly folks at Knotzenland.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

knotzen,

No one is trying to rag on you here, although I did feel that OJ's post was a might indignant for a n00b on this board. The rest of us are just having fun amongst ourselves, and not at your expense, with the sole exception of archenemy. hahaha.gif

Please, carry on!

knotzen,

No one is trying to rag on you here, although I did feel that OJ's post was a might indignant for a n00b on this board. The rest of us are just having fun amongst ourselves, and not at your expense, with the sole exception of archenemy. hahaha.gif

Please, carry on!

I was teasing. People take me altogether too seriously! (Oops, there I go again.)

So when you come back from a roadtrip not only is your PM Inbox full of silly PMs from olyclimber like "Hey Dru, what colour of rope do I need for Squamish" but your email inbox is also full of automatically generated spam telling you that you have a bunch of fluff PMs. Sounds like a great idea rolleyes.giffruit.gif

inane rolleyes.gif

Um. Fuck off.

Well, enema, I wasnt talking to you. I know its only 2 in the afternoon, but perhaps you should have a drink and try to relax a bit. As a token of my sincerity, in the future, Ill preface anything that I have to say to you directly with a the_finger.gif. Deal? thumbs_up.gif

inane rolleyes.gif

Um. Fuck off.

Well, enema, I wasnt talking to you. I know its only 2 in the afternoon, but perhaps you should have a drink and try to relax a bit. As a token of my sincerity, in the future, Ill preface anything that I have to say to you directly with a the_finger.gif. Deal? thumbs_up.gif

Hmm, I think I'll have the chamomile.