Peshastin Photo/Scary? Wenatchee World

rbwen

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I guess I don't exactly know where on Pesashtin this is but it's obviously high up the hill. Perspective is obviously making it seem like they're way up on a slab but in reality they're hopefully not too high.

Think of the children? Naw...just looking for gear placements and they're in the way.

I'm still trying to figure out exactly where they are. It appears to be the short slab that is at the top of the saddle between Martian Slab and Dinosaur Tower. That's at the top of the switchbacks before dropping over to the Potholes/Washboard climbs and Sunset Slab. If that's so, then they are not being irresponsible at all. It's all flatland right there.

Looks like it's just above Martian Slab...with the top of Grey Whale a little bit around the corner of the pinnacle. Potholes would be up behind the photographer on Dinosaur Tower. The slab in the foreground looks steeper in the photograph than it really is...and the ground is not far below. Prolly a good place to show a kid how to friction up some gentle rock, imho.

Looks like it's just above Martian Slab...with the top of Grey Whale a little bit around the corner of the pinnacle. Potholes would be up behind the photographer on Dinosaur Tower.

I believe that's pretty much what I said. "It appears to be the short slab that is at the top of the saddle between Martian Slab and Dinosaur Tower. That's at the top of the switchbacks before dropping over to the Potholes/Washboard climbs and Sunset Slab." <emphasis added>

The photographer is looking southerly toward the highway, which puts Martian Slab in front of him, and Dinosaur Tower behind him.

It's the small, short, slab just above the top of the saddle where the trail drops over the back to Dinosaur Tower, near the Trigger Finger Stump. It's not a technical slab. i.e., there are no climbing routes on it, and the top of the slab is about 5-10 feet above the level of the trail. I know my Peshastin, dude.