• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
kurthicks

Wanted: toolz

Looking to upgrade my ice bashers. Anyone want to offload a pair used (in preferred order):

Trango Mantis (w/Zero degree handles)

PC Ergos

PC Quarks

$300 or less?

PM me if you feel so generous.

I thought that I got some tools. but it got cancelled. thumbs_down.gif

Up to $400

Ergos

trango mantis w/zero degree handle

Up to $300 with leashes

quarks

vipers

anyone?

The Mantis handle somehow looks phallic to me. I think I'll stick to my Quark Ergos.

I heard that they are no longer making the zero degree handles from a salesperson at mountain gear. Something about faults in the manufacturing process. I was also really interested in these, but I guess we'll have to wait a while.

D

NOLSe: do you clip one of those fancy grivel spring leashes to those or what?

Debo: that's what the Trango reps have told me each time i've called them to look for some lying around the warehouse.

Is that so you dont loose them again?

Yep. cry.gifpitty.gif I would highly advise take off one side of the plastic handle and drill from the inside out as the whole handle is not plastic... there is a lot of metal in there you will likely hit (and not be able to drill). PM me if you have any questions.

NOLSe: do you clip one of those fancy grivel spring leashes to those or what?

Yes again though the spring thing (grivel) is cut at a length more specific for attaching to the true bottom of tools... not slightly higher like my modification. Because of this you will come up short on the really long reaches for placements. To avoid this I girth hitch a 12" runner through my belay loop and then attach the spring thing to this. Works great so far! Enjoy your tools Kurt! They are sweet! wave.gif

Does Climb MAX still have the cobras? I'm going in on Thursday, hoping so. At 25% off, its time to buy.

Edited by syklone

is it Climb Axe or Climb Max? I live within walking distance and I don't know this critical bit of information.