Lopez Island is Cool

EWolfe

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just spent three days out there working.

Everone waves at each other when you drive by.

I grew up that way and it's a hard habit to break. I generally manage to keep it under control in the city, but it creeps back out whenever I'm in a small town again. It makes some of my passengers look at me quite strangely sometimes.

I'm heading to Sheridan, WY at about 6:30 am Tuesday...should be plenty of good waving there.

HAHAHA

The longer you stay here the cooler/weirder it can get. Waves can speak a lot about the person. And since there is only about 2300 of us out here, how someone waves on a particular day tells alot; especially if you cross reference that with the latest gossip you picked up at the bar/coffee shop/lumber yard.... wazzup.gif

Can anybody say "fishbowl"?!

Pot growing out here has pretty much dissappeared. There was a big bust on Waldron a few years back. The Feds along with the San Juan County Sheriff's office flew low grid patterns in a helicopter over Lopez for a couple days a month and a half ago. Twice over my place madgo_ron.gif All they found on the whole Island was four plants this woman had in her garden. They came in big black suburbans with guns and yanked the plants yellaf.gifhellno3d.gif. WTF did that cost us in taxpayer dollars?

Great having you out Erik! You think there'll be more? There are a couple "projects" I'd like to show you....

Bigwalling, who's your Aunt and Uncle?

All they found on the whole Island was four plants this woman had in her garden. They came in big black suburbans with guns and yanked the plants yellaf.gifhellno3d.gif. WTF did that cost us in taxpayer dollars?

Fucking assholes. In Hawaii they called that shit "green harvest." Let's go be big toughguys and wave our dicks and guns at peaceful nonthreatening citizens. Beats real crime fighting.

Oh yeah, the new coach. He got the football program going. The kids love him. I've met him a few times but not her yet. He seems like a good guy and an asset to the school. Definitely not a climbing bum. It would be too awkward for him to climb with those starched shorts coach types love to wear.....

yellaf.gif

Drop me a line if you're ever out this way.

Bill Lewis

Ya, I have only been there once to visit. It is a nice place but I'd be bored unless I went sea kyaking or something. Oh my god that shorts comment is fucking classic! HAHAHA.

Oh when I went to visit them, I asked my cousin. So how many of your friends sell pot. The look on his face was priceless! He totally was agianst the whole thing, which leads me to wonder what he does in his spare time.

So Bill, do you know what those kids do for fun up there? Bike, golf, smoke a shit load?