Looking for a high-tech recruiter in Seattle area

Dr_Crash

OK, I have a favor to ask. I am looking for a high-tech recruiter in the Seattle area who could look at someone's resume and give a professional opinion as far as how much that person could earn in the area.

Because of the latter, someone you know professionally may be the best thing. Or maybe one of you is a recruiter. I need the favor because I once married someone with a Ph D. in Computer Science who is asking for indefinite support to the tune of half my salary on the grounds that she cannot make more than $400 / month here (cough, cough). A professional opinion re: potential would greatly help me.

I know it may be a strange request. It would help me immensely though.

Thanks in advance guys and girls.

drC

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is below minimum wage in wash. If I fremember right, Min wage is $7.35 an hour (7.35*40 hours a week)*4 weeks = $1176.

For salary reviews, I was told to look at monster.com (Salary Review) and salaryreview.com. If this is for divorce\child support. Old pay stubs or Tax records can be used for income verification. My GF went through all of this and in doing so, I learned a lot.

She also got a LOT of legal advice from the legal forums on craigslist.com. Actually talked to lawerys that gave her info she wouldn't have been able to find out by herself.

Chris

Edited by chris_w

That is definitely way below minimum wage. Hey, it's the perfect job if you can stay and work in a home that you just upgraded before filing for divorce, while someone else is sending you half his salary to supplement your lack of income smile.gif

I'll look at the salary reviews online, thanks. Legal forums on Craigs list. I would never have thought of that. I have an attorney anyway because my ex is so litigious she will only speak to me through attorneys.

slothrop, email is on the way. Thanks!

drC

In a previous life I had access to standardized salary survey data on a host of professional and technical fields (no longer, however). If you can locate someone that has access to these surveys (they're expensive) either as a recruiter or an employee of a software company you should be able to debunk her claim.

Thanks. I did find salary.com, but it's nice to hear that it's "spot on." BCJ, I sent you a PM. Thanks.

She actually filed papers saying she could make $1917 a month. I have no idea where she got that figure, but looking at the people I hire with just a BS CS and no experience, she could make at least $7000 / month. Of course, she'd have to try to find a job. She was too busy spending the temporary maintenance I gave her to look for a job on vacation in Florida, France, and California to have time looking for a job.

Ugh. Time to go do some serious climbing to dissipate all that stress smile.gif

drC

She actually filed papers saying she could make $1917 a month. I have no idea where she got that figure, but looking at the people I hire with just a BS CS and no experience, she could make at least $7000 / month.

For an experienced computer professional, that figure (7,000 a month) is probably median. But the reality is that for someone to make that kind of money on a sustained basis, they have to want to work wink.gif

I should think any decent lawyer should be able to make mincemeat out of her claims to only being able to make that much money. If she's being vindictive, she's probably operating from the school of though of "well, if I ask for 99% of his income, I'll get half whereas if I ask for half, I may get 25%". if she's been working up until you moved here, her case is weaker. however, if kids are involved you will probably get boned.