Non Katrina topic: Euros vs. Americans

tivoli_mike

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"feeder" as in "feed her more" I guess. I don't really know. I am a little more familiar with "diet" as in "I will die if I don't get it".

The whole fat thing is baffling. I read Fastfood Nation and got a lot better insight into our culture and our economics around overeating. Good reading--you will never eat shitty food again after you read this book.

That book was amazing. Unfortunately..i still eat at McD's..yes..even after reading the book...BUT...I do it a LOT less..and I know exactly how bad of crap I'm putting into my body.

The chemicals..that cause the smell, that in turn cause your tastebuds to taste..yeah..that part of the book..still gets to me.

ohh..and the slaughter house chapters...Almost couldn't get through those!!

• 1 year later...
Big people need to eat less and exercise more... tongue.gif

Ahhh, more evidence of "tolerance", and what happened to the holy grail of "diversity". More evidence that those who espouse these goals are paying a bunch of lip service backed by no convictions whatsoever. wave.gif

i don't think it's about being intolerant or something, just that it is unhealthy and maybe they should be treating their bodies with respect. same reason i would never suggest anyone start posting on this website, though i keep coming back, just like beef soft tacos.

Showing your buttfloss isn't cool, no matter who you are or where you're from. hellno3d.gif

umm why? Why would you want your underwear to be visible to the public?!?! I mean really!!

which is worse...the underwear sightings or the plumbers crack sightings? They seem to be just as common these days!! UGGG!!

image950.gif

I suspect this is a staged photo as the guy's wearing an electrician's tool belt and moving masonry block: you'd almost never see an electrician doing that.

I guess everyone is missing the point. The point is that the premise of the original post was that Americans should be more like the Europeans who eat healthy diets and either walk or bike to work. Now we read that the Europeans over the past ten years have adopted our unhealthy ways. They are abandoning the healthy meals in favor of the imported fast food joints.

It's just really sad and I hope that this trend can be reversed.