whatcha reading?

ChrisT

Well we all know that Squid is reading W&P and usually this time of year the epic reader Lummox will start a thread about books but he and his boobs have been curiously missing from the board lately (must be in Mexico or something). So I'm curious to know what y'all are reading these days.

I'm flipping between 2 books: "The Botany of Desire" which I finally got at the library and "The Love you Make: An Insider's story of the Beatles" which I picked up on a whim but turns out to be nice and juicy.hahaha.gif

Share your current picks.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you must be from England cantfocus.gif I'm about to cook me up a nice corndog cheeburga_ron.gif
Corndog! Damn, girl! I'm jealous. I might just have to run down to the local 7-11. You know, where you bought yours.

My mother is English so I'm half English (and half Texan, believe it or not) and I use to live in England in the early 80s.

That would explain why you say corny things on this site sometimes.

Can you speak Cornish? (No one can, actually; the language died not too long ago).

Cornwall is nice country--moors and cliffs. Tintagel and King Arthur. What towns did you live in? I'll consult my mapbook.

I lived in the Cotswolds for a couple of years then in Norfolk for a couple more. We also lived in Wolverhampton for a while at my late grandmother's house (29 Mancroft Road; I still remember). Those were some good years.

I'm reading the new Harry Potter. I just bought Brave New World by Aldous Huxley.

Besides that, Theoretical Nuclear Physics Volume I: Nuclear Structure by deShalit and Feshbach. Geek_em8.gif

Ford's in his flivver, all's right with the world.

Am I properly pneumatic?

Centrifugal bumble-puppy

Just don't give away the ending for the rest of us. I mean of the physics book, of course.

Oly- if you're into Japanese history, "Rich Nation, Strong Army" by Richard Samuels is a great exploration of Meiji reformation through 1980s.

I'm occassionally cracking "Collapse" - Jared Diamond's follow-up to Guns, Germs and Steel. Damn if that guy doesn't know how to beat a dead horse.

I'm thinking I'd like to pick up one of the new Shackleton books. Any reviews?

Brave New World by Aldous Huxley

thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

I bought an advanced copy of the new Chouinard book - interesting ideas, not well edited. Others include Anna Kernina, The Russia House, Out of Africa, The Wheel of Life (Great White Hunter Safari memoir), and the Nikon D70 manual. And the usual geeky Optics books for work.