Fire on Teanaway RIver Rd 8/5....

NYC007

At 11:30, On the way to the trail head 5 miles up the road the Sherrif and local SAR, turned up around due to a BAD fire which started less then 24 hrs ago. They said the area was evacutated but the fire was about to get to the road very shortly.. This is all I know so far.. Dont try to sleep in the parking lot at the BBQ place on 970 either the rent cop is a dick with a gun....

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw a fire over there today from the top of Dragontail and I was wondering if it was near the Teanaway river road... Definitely still burning!

There was also a fire to the north, looked like near highway 2 or maybe up toward Lake Wenatchee? It was smaller and looked like it had just started... Things must be getting pretty crispy out there!

Dan

Tried to go in Sat. night but road was closed at that time and ranger/fire guys commented that they expected about a week before it was open. Fire is not headed for stuart but appears to be headed directly for the fish hatchery (fish sticks anyone?). One can still access Stuie, etc from the North side but have fun with the Sherpa.

theres more options for returning to mtneer cr. for north side routes...on example is the one we used a while back after doing the n. ridge...head east to sherpa...climb it, or not...we continued near the crest (sux) but one could descend to the south a ways, below these ribs...(easy) then ascend back up to sherpa pass...head directly down (n.) back to mtneer cr. very scenic...very straight forward...water... flowers...etc.