Married People are Boring

snugtop

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, it's a well documented phenomenon, and it's true. People who get married become less interesting. I've seen this happen with friends and relatives. Once they get hitched they just want to sit on their duffs and stare at each other, or worse, hump and pop put kids.

You mean, once your friends get married they find you less interesting? How sad for you.

You mean, once your friends get married they find you less interesting? How sad for you.

thumbs_up.gifyellaf.gifNow we're on the same page! I have no doubt married life is superior to the great lonely. 20 years. Singles are often so self-absorbed that they seem.....boring. Now, if I could just talk my wife into letting one of her young, hot, single, self-absorbed, lonely nurse friends join us for some..... smileysex5.gif

It's true. When I was married, I lost interest in climbing, and wanted to stay home and make jam and cookies and shit, and rent movies and cuddle, and go out to breakfast at 10:00 on a Sunday morning.

Shit, if I didn't get married, I would have climbed Everest and El Cap by now. mad.gif

Or at least you would know the basics of dating... wazzup.gif

Marriage is so boring that the online dating industry generates $470 million a year in revenues from people who are probably looking for...ding, ding, ding...a potential marriage partner.

Now, if all those people would just become climbers and discover this site, so they could wile away their otherwise boring lives to be in an online forum called "Spray" (because that's about as exciting as it gets! YEAH!!!) instead.

Now - I think I'm gonna go do some humpin'

Marriage is so boring that the online dating industry generates $470 million a year in revenues from people who are probably looking for...ding, ding, ding...a potential marriage partner.

I believe you mean humping partner. And you forget how many people are actually married, looking to cheat.

this is one of the dumbest threads i've read in awhile. i find myself agreeing with fairweather and off_white. what you're saying is that either a) if made yourself more interesting, people wouldn't get married or b) people who get married are somehow losing out on the precious gift of your friendship. sounds like an ego problem. sure, none of us like it when friends move on but, hey, maybe this isn't about you.

Your assertion that the thread is "one of the dumbest you've read in a while" assumes that the original premise was the only means by which you can determine if a thread is worthy or not. What is a thread, but a dialogue? How can you judge a thread by just one post? It is up to you to set it straight, or STFU. Isn't amazing that you have common ground with some people that you previously couldn't even share a single thought with?