Black Furry Rope Tricks

Dru

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I recall watching squirrel acrobatics with the birdseed feeder when I was little. Wild stuff.

Something is bothering me about the pictures though:

how heavy is the bear?

what type of rope/cord is being used?

It seems that the cord would have to be very strong (certainly not your household twine), and either very low stretch or pretensioned (with possible backties to where it's anchored in the trees).

Dru, do you know any history about the photos?

I recall watching squirrel acrobatics with the birdseed feeder when I was little. Wild stuff.

I watched some squirrel accrobatics earlier this summer. It was entertaining for a while.

The arrow split open the fuckers belly and created quite a mess. After that I realized a .22 was a lot more efficient for the next few.

snaf.gif

The new squirrels haven't figured out how to get in the feeder yet, so there's a ceasefire for now.

The photos are making the rounds via email, they were taken near Long Lake in Ontario. Looks like that bear is a cub/young adult to me, not full grown. But think if that feeder was your food bag or haulbag!

Ok, I guess that makes sense. The bear is probably under 100 lbs? (And the bear doesn't care about a 10:1 safety factor. smile.gif)