Liberty Ridge Partners wanted July 9th-11th

Kraken

Hopeing to climb Liberty Ridge for the first time during its last few good weeks.

I climbed Rainier this March via Gibraltar Ledges. I want to do this route now too. I'm going to climb via another route on the 5th of July, then take a day or two break, and come back and attempt the Ridge.

Basically, I just want to be on the mountain as much as I can this summer.

I'm looking for partners who are around my age, maybe up to 30. I'm 20 years old. I ice climb extensively in Alaska so I'm quite comfortable on steep surfaces.

If you're interested let me know. The sooner the better so we can coordinate and all that. A group of three would probably be the safest, but two would work as well. I'm sure there will be others on the route, we'll just have to keep our distance to avoid rock and ice fall.

Let's do it.

Climb on. hahaha.gif

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

eeeek! 4th of July weekend I am going to be at my lake house. It's the first weekend I'm back home in WA. I was really hoping on doing this chick there too. What about the NEXT weekend (July 8,9,10)? I really want to climb with Oleg. That'd be sick.

Basically I plan on being on Rainier from the 5th-the 10th or 12th any way. I don't care where I am as long as I can climb the peak 2 times within that period of time (weather permitting).

Get back to me VW.

Shit, LR was our this weekend's big dream. Didn't come true. The weather was kinda weird,: rangers, helicopters, missing climbers (hope they are OK). Amazing, that the word "classic" can kill innocent people.

On a positive note, rock climbing at PDX with Eric was super cool. Sweaty and hard.

Anyway, I plan to do alpine on July 4th. Chad, great to hear you have time for this. Let's talk!

Hey Clint, do you have more clear plan and partners for Jule 8-11?

No Oleg, I don't. I'm really openminded to anything...well almost anything. What do you have in mind?

I can be on the mountain until as late as July 14th, then I ABSOLUTELY must be off, as I am leaving for Washington DC.

My schedule is entirely clear from July 5-14.

Actually I doubled your chances of finding a partner by leaving a pointer in the Rainier section. People checking over there will see it and look here, and people looking here will see it if they dont go to the Rainier thread. Anyone that checks there should answer too. Hope that helps bigdrink.gif

I'm going to climb via another route on the 5th of July, then take a day or two break, and come back and attempt the Ridge.

If your plan is to descend the Emmons, then if you were to climb it a couple of days before it would take out a lot of guess work if you encounter whiteout/or tired or whatever. Might take some guess work out if it comes to that. Hopefully you'll find/found some partners bigdrink.gif