broken top/three sis access

letsroll

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are a good skier, and fit, you could do it in a day. You would have to start at Dutchman flat and follow sno mo trails up, or there is a ski trail that goes to the right of sparks lake up to the plateau below Broken top. Then the fastest way is up the west ridge. You will be making your own trail to get to that point. there is no actual trail and sno mos aren't allowed back there. I would estimate 3-4 hrs one way depending on your ski ability. Also, its a lot faster on the way back.

I've said this before but here goes. Bring a couple of tall boys or a pint of whiskey and bribe a 'biler into giving you a ride to the Wilderness Boundary. It'll work everytime and save you a bunch of time/skinning. Let me know if your looking for a partner.

• 3 weeks later...

another option, that will probably get you away from the 'bilers would be to go in via the 16 road from Sisters. it ends at a snowpark near Park Meadow, on the way to Tam Rim. I don't remember the name of the snopark off hand though. Anyways, from there it's (i'd guess, no map) about a 4-6 mile cross-country ski to the base of the N. Ridge/Face of Broken Choss. Camping in Park Meadow in winter should be pretty sweet too.