very very funny

layton

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1) Why are you using a locking biner on an aider?

2) Why not clip the aider biner directly to the bolt instead of doing this funky biner-to biner clip and having the gate open?

Personal preference.

I have both my aider and adjustable daisy on the locking biner in a two aider system. In moving, I clip a free biner to the piece (or bolt) and clip the locker/aider/daisy to the biner. Then I bounce, get on that aider, and then move the second locker/aider/daisy to the free biner. This keeps the two aiders vertically aligned and allows me to move either the left or right l/a/d to the next piece. I'll lock the biners at anchors at the end of pitches.

Other people use different systems.

1) Why are you using a locking biner on an aider?

2) Why not clip the aider biner directly to the bolt instead of doing this funky biner-to biner clip and having the gate open?

Personal preference.

I have both my aider and adjustable daisy on the locking biner in a two aider system. In moving, I clip a free biner to the piece (or bolt) and clip the locker/aider/daisy to the biner. Then I bounce, get on that aider, and then move the second locker/aider/daisy to the free biner. This keeps the two aiders vertically aligned and allows me to move either the left or right l/a/d to the next piece. I'll lock the biners at anchors at the end of pitches.

Other people use different systems.

That works for sure but why not save some wear and tear on your locker and get more reach for the next placement (you are higher above your piece if your aider is clipped into the top biner) by keeping the locker on your harness until you hit the belay? I think this would speed you up some and not have to deal with open gates.

Everybody has this photo (usually with a lot less gear and minus the haulbag though) yellowsleep.gif

Whatever.

He wasn't nominating it for Alpinist 10 - he's just showing that he put that Mountie training to use.

As much as they are fun to tease about stunts like dirt-rappeling, they deserve credit for giving him the training to get up Liberty Crack.

thumbs_up.gif

Everybody has this photo (usually with a lot less gear and minus the haulbag though) yellowsleep.gif

Whatever.

He wasn't nominating it for Alpinist 10 - he's just showing that he put that Mountie training to use.

As much as they are fun to tease about stunts like dirt-rappeling, they deserve credit for giving him the training to get up Liberty Crack.

thumbs_up.gif

What Squid said. Good job, tomtom. thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif